𝙓𝙓𝙄𝙑. 𝙝𝙞𝙥𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙨, 𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙜𝙨 𝙤𝙝 𝙢𝙮

Every step I took felt heavier than the last as we made out way from the Gryffindor common room to Hagrid's, where poor Buckbeak would lose his life because of an incident.

Hannah hadn't spoken much throughout the day, as she had convinced this was her fault.

"If I was paying attention Malfoy wouldn't have had to jump in front," this was the first time Hannah didn't run to blame Malfoy but I suppose, for Hannah, magical creatures was something she took more personally than most things.

Hermione walked beside Hannah and me, Ron and Harry close behind as we made it past the executioner that sat in the courtyard sharping his blade. Hannah's body with stiff beside me as we made it past the bridge to the small landing before Hagrid's house.

"My father said we can hang the head in the Gryffindor common room."

We all stopped in our tracks at the cruel voice of Malfoy, laughing along with his friends as we approach.

"What is he doing here?" Ron's voice was soft but full of anger as we waited for a sign to move. Hannah's body was cold, lifeless almost as she watched Malfoy laugh and giggle over the poor soul of a innocent life.

Suddenly, without warnings, Hermione was almost jogging down the grass, grabbing her wand as she moved closer to Malfoy. We all ran after her, that when I noticed Oden standing with Malfoy, or more so being pushed behind Malfoy.

Malfoy held a protective arm around him, not letting go even when Hermione held her wand to his neck.

"You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

Hermione held her wand at Malfoy's neck, his body almost pushed against the rock if it wasn't for Oden.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it."

Ron's voice was pleading, begging Hermione to simply lower the wand. Hermione waited, looking over her shoulder at Hannah's eye because it was her call. Hannah didn't say a word, walking closer so her nose and Malfoy's were almost touching.

"Am I the one who needs protecting now?"

Her voice was sinister, the way her shoulder would rise and fall with each word was memorizing, to say the least. Malfoy's face dropped, the fear was the way but almost different. Hannah backed up, giving Hermione room for whatever plan the girl had formed.

Hermione slowly lowered the wand, Malfoy still watching Hannah closely.

"How-"

Hermione's fist smashes his nose, his head slamming onto the rock behind him as he fell dramatically to the ground. Hannah spits on the dirt beside him, not waiting for him to get up as she started to reach the cobblestone path to Hagrid.

"Who has dirty blood now?" she yelled back. Hermione giggled, both of us running to keep up with Hannah's fast pace.

"That felt good," Hermione spoke once Ron and Harry caught up with us.

"Good? That was bloody brilliant," I looked back to Ron's wonderous eyes as he looked to Hermione.

Hannah speeds up when she was Buckbeak chain to a post in Hagrid pumpkin patch. She was close to running to him when Ron grabbed the back of her jumper. She deflated but gave up and met the rest of us at the door, waiting for Hagrid to open.

I turned from the door, taking in the view of the mountains that surrounded Hogwarts, and took a moment to appreciate the feeling of something other than fear.

I thought back to the first year when we all were waiting for Harry to make it from the hospital wing and Hannah asked was it a once in a million thing. I laughed at how naive I must have sounded, giving a simple it probably isn't going to happen again.