╸two : the game

— tw : neglect , trauma , mentions of blood and death / violence —

the game

· • -- ٠ ♛ ٠ -- • ·

                Akio and Tayiko stood in the sparing room of the family's home. Stone walls carpeted by red flags and honored trophies that adorned the cold marble floors, fire resistant in their crispness.

In front of Tayiko, who's hands raised in the first fighting position, was a trembling Akio. He was not ready to face the son of Hikaro, or more importantly, his daughter soon after Tayiko would chew him up, spit him out, and squash him.

The older, seventeen year old boy had already looked at Akio as though he was the gunk Tayiko stepped in on the way here. "Being a man means holding a stern respect for not only yourself, but those around you." He grumbled. "Did you have respect for my sister when you burned her?" Tayiko cocked a brow.

Akio sweat; beads of water dripped from his forehead in a nervous apprehension, and all the more he remained sluggish in his stance for it. "I-"

"I'll take that as a no." Tayiko swung his leg over his head, kicking fire from the soul of his foot as it swooped below Akio's feet. The boy jumped into the air, evading Tayiko's initial wrath. Tayiko stood with feet distanced in a squat, switching them as he punched and punched, and Akio punched back.

He bent the flames of Tayiko attentively, but not well enough. Though Akio managed to push whatever Tayiko threw at him, the older boy had more passion and edge, and every fire bender knew that that is what fuels the best. "You speak your high praises but can't get a shot in! Who are you to hold yourself above others when you've fallen in the mud?!"

Tayiko's words were as sharp as they were smart, and Akio blasted at him When the older boy slid under the frame of the kids aim, he kicked Akio's feet out from under him, pinning him to the ground as fire spiraled upwards.

Akio huffed violently, face worn with the exhaustion of fighting Tayiko. He sits on top of Akio, the line from his face to the younger boys a straight line.

Akio's breathlessness turned into a tight lipped smile, craze in his eyes. The front of his dark brown hair flung backward with spitted words, elongating his thin and pointed face."Hit me," He begged. "Do it! What are you waiting for?"

"My sister." Tayiko beamed. He knew well that she was not here, for her show will embarrass this menace of a teenager for years to come, his shame having been so undeniable that even his parents would suffer. And whilst Nari prepared, she readied herself with hate which has spiraled from her hurt, full intentions of lashing out of such a scum bag. Spectacularly. Tayiko's hair framed his defined face well, his prominent cheekbones having dropped just one trace of sweat as his hair hangs from his scalp, rimming the top of his vision. He laughs at the boy who struggles beneath him "Violence for violence shows a lack of self control. Violence for pity shows a lack of self respect. For that I spare you. We'll see if Nari feels the same way."