Chapter 24

I woke up to Minnie blasting Kanye in the house's surround speakers.

Ah, what a beautiful wake up call.

I stretched before hopping out of bed and making my way to the bathroom.

After a quick shower I blowdried my hair and walked over to the closet to pick out my clothes for the day.

Settling on a nice pair of straight leg jeans, my air forces, and a black tank, I quickly put my outfit on and made my way outside.

As soon as I got to the stairs I was fully able to grasp the disaster that was about to ensue.

"Yeah Mark, that's fine. Just put the DJ table over by the sofas. David, wait, I told you I wanted eight strobe lights, you only brought five!" Minnie shouted to the multiple people carrying party items into our house.

I sighed, and made my way over to my lunatic best friend.

"At least the house is insured this time..." I said, putting an arm around Minnie.

She turned to me with a devilish glint in her eyes and smiled, "It has fire and natural disaster insurance too."

"Not again Minnie, please. Last time it took 4 months for my eyebrows to grow back!"

"How was I supposed to know the fire breathers we hired had actual fire cream protection? I thought it was some kind of magic fire that didn't actually burn." She shrugged, leaving me to go bark some more orders.

"They were professionals Minnie!" I screamed after her, getting flashbacks to how horrific I looked with no eyebrows, "If that incompetent kid didn't fall for your charms he would never have let u try to make me swallow fire!"

She laughed and continued to walk away, unbothered that her best friend could have died.

Well, died again I mean.

I shook my head and decided to leave the house for a while. Or at least until Minnie the Destructor was done party prepping.

I quickly went back upstairs and changed into a pair of spandex shorts and slipped on my workout shoes, deciding to go for a run.

I left quickly after that, right around the time Minnie started asking the party planner if it was possible to glue horns onto the mini ponies so they could be unicorns.

I stuck my hair into a ponytail, turned on my favorite playlist, and started jogging up the trail that led into the woods.

I made it into the woods in about 10 minutes, and spent the rest of the hour observing some of the forest animals and trying to shift into them.

After a bit of trial and error I figured out that any creatures that weren't at least my height, I could not shift into. I found that out after trying to turn into a mockingbird multiple times and failing.

That left me wondering if perhaps an eagle could work, because flying just about sounded like the best power in the fucking world. I know they have crazy big wingspans, so maybe that would satisfy the height requirement.

I also came to the conclusion that I should probably avoid any animals that could be considered prey, as dying while shifted into a deer didn't sound like the best way to go.

After daydreaming and shifting for a bit, I decided to keep running, and whether my subconscious or pure muscle memory was responsible for this, I ended up back at my old pack home.

I stuck close to the woods, so they weren't able to see me yet, and observed the dynamic.

I was happy to see that some of them were training and working on the skills that I was trying to teach them.