Part 34

"He did it." Vera said, staring at the wall incredulously as Edwin walked back into the small conference room.  

"He actually did it." Edwin said, watching her closely. At this very moment, Tom was downstairs, chatting with Viktor as if they had been best friends for years as he walked him out. 

Despite having seen the design, despite knowing that it was great, there was still a part of them that doubted it could happen. After all, Tom had tried and failed to sell his designs for a long time before, it never work, regardless of his talent. Today, he was so damned impressive... it was a brand new Tom. Everything had come together beautifully- the flow of it all was so natural. Tom presented his design, Vera answered concerns and questions, Edwin presented the budget and cost. It was perfect. It was as if the three had been born to work together and soon, they'd have Romy Reid in office twice a week to help them design the type of marketing campaign Viktor wanted. 

Everything had fallen so perfectly into place, so much that for most of the meeting, they had both forgotten that they hated Tom Dane. 

"So I guess we're stuck with him." Edwin said after a few more minutes. 

"Oh come on, I'm not that bad, am I?" Tom asked, strolling into the conference room. 

"Worse." Vera said, standing and scooping up the papers around her. 

"I pulled it off." Tom said with a grin. 

"When the project is finished, then you pulled it off. In the meantime, we have a lot of work to do." Vera said, walking right past him. 

"Touchy." Tom said as Edwin rolled his eyes, leaving the room. 

"Oh come on guys, that was great!" Tom said, strolling down the hall behind them. "You have to admit it."

"Don't you ever stop talking?" Edwin asked.

"I just thought you two would be more excited. This is what you've been working towards, isn't it?" Tom asked.

"Not exactly like we pictured it." Vera said.

"I know, I know. You two lovebirds wanted to pull this off on your own but, hey, I'm family. I'm happy to help." Tom said. 

"Okay, that's enough." Edwin replied. "Great job today, Tom. Why don't you take the afternoon off?" 

Tom chuckled. 

"I know you're just saying that to get rid of me but actually, that might not be such a bad idea." He said, turning to his desk with a smile as he began to pack up his things. "You two should consider it too. We have a lot to celebrate!"

"Celebrate?" 

"Ben?" Vera asked, turning to the doorway where her brother was now walking in with a large and charming grin on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"I came by to see if Edwin wanted to grab lunch. What's this I hear about celebrating?" Ben asked, shaking Edwin's hand. 

"We landed an amazing new account." Tom said, prompting Ben to turn towards.

"Tom?" Ben asked, surprised to see him.  

"Long time." Tom said, extending his hand towards him. Ben stared for a second, unsure what to say or think. 

"Yeah, how you been?" Ben said, casting a sideways glance to Vera who was trying her best not to look in their direction. 

"Good, doing great now." Tom said.

"Romy mentioned the new account. Congratulations." Ben said, turning back to Edwin.

"Thank you." Edwin replied.