Chapter 4

Logan

Fuck. My keys. Where the fuck are my keys?

My hands fish around in my jeans for them but I still can't find them. I look up at my bedroom window two stories up. Frustration fills my already aching brain and all I want to do right now is sleep.

I walk around the side of the house, stumbling a bit from the amount of alcohol in my system. Spotting the reflection of the pool in the shiny glass screen door, I make loud steps over to the door and pull it aside. Pulling on the door lock for the mesh, I tug on it.

Locked. Of fucking course. The only night Aaron remembers to lock the screen door's mesh is when I go out.

A loud yawn escapes my mouth as I flop down on one of the patio's lounge chairs. A couple minutes after an idea pops in my mind. I get up and walk over to the mesh shoving a few fingers through some of the tiny spaces. Wiggling my fingers through the spaces I start to tear at the mesh with my other hand. Once there's a big enough hole located on top of the lock, one of my hands slide through the hole and turn the lock on the inside.

Pulling the mesh back and stepping inside the house Im met with the warm atmosphere and smell of vanilla candles Ma always lights around the hallways. Turning around and staring at the hole I decide Aaron will just have to lecture me about it in the morning. Im too fucking tired to care at this point.

Making it up the stairs without making noise has become one of my perfected skills over the last few years and I walk into my room without rush. Pulling off the leather jacket and T-shirt, and kicking off my jeans and sneakers, I catch a glance at my desk, where my keys are. I close my eyes, mentally cursing myself.

I shake my head and rub my face with my hands before finally lying down on my bed and falling asleep.

☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓

"Logan! Wake up!" The voice rings into my ears and my head throbs in pain.

The sound of loud footsteps walking towards my room cause me to open my eyes as scattered memories from last night come flooding through my brain.

"Logan wake up! I'm not going to saying it again!" Aaron says, his face filled with anger as he stands with his arms crossed in my doorway.

"Good." I grumble shifting my position on the bed.

"Don't think I haven't seen what shit you pulled on the screen door." He scoffs.

Damn. I completely forgot about that.

"What time is it? Why the hell are you still here?" I snap.

"It's 6:35 and for your information your mom hasn't finished cooking breakfast yet. Cant leave the house without the most important meal of the day."

"Fatass."

"I prefer the word healthy." Aaron remarks. "When you get home from school I want to see that screen door fixed Logan." He orders.

"Just call one of your 'Bob the Builder' guys to do it. Besides, I have more important things to do." I say finally sitting up.

"No, for once I'm making you fix something you did. And don't even try to get out of it." He finishes, finally leaving.

I stare my door, which he leaves un-shut, the throbbing in the back of my head increasing by the second.

Slowly getting out of bed, I drag myself into the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I brush my teeth and hop in the shower, making it quick.

When I get out I rustle around my room, searching for some clean clothes. Finally finding a clean white tee and pair of black jeans I throw them on along with my jacket and sneakers. I make sure before I leave my room this time to swipe my keys off the desk before another hole appears in the mesh.

Walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, I slip the keys in my pocket and rake my hands through my hair which is still wet from the shower.

"Logan are you really going outside with your hair wet? Its starting to get cold out there, you're gonna get sick!" I hear my Ma's voice belt out over the sound of bacon sizzling on the pan.

"You're gonna get sick!" I mimic.

"Logan!" She says, a stern look crossing her face.

"Logan!" I reply back, continuing my impression of her.

"I'm serious, blow dry it on something. I don't want you coming home with a fever." She warns.

"Don't worry Ma, you know I never catch colds." I shrug, taking the pan out of her hands and sliding a few pieces of bacon out and onto my plate. I stuff a couple pieces into my mouth and chew loudly as she rolls her eyes at my statement, and then proceeds to steal back the pan and set it down on the stove.

"Fine. When you come home all nasally with mucus stuck in your nose don't ask me to be your caretaker." She snaps.

"Did Aaron leave yet?"

"Yeah, you probably didn't hear him because you were showering."

I walk around the kitchen, looking through the cupboards before giving out a frustrated sigh.

"What are you looking for now?"

"Advil, what else?"

"In the bottom cabinet, where else?"

I stoop down, rummaging through the little baskets of medication before finding the tiny white bottle. I pop two into my mouth and swallow them along with some water.

"Maybe if you weren't out partying, on a school night of all nights, then you wouldn't need-"

"Bye Ma." I say cutting her off from her lecture before bending down a placing a kiss on her cheek and heading out.

☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓

Driving up into my usual parking space, parking, and exiting my car, I begin my usual strides into school.

Walking up the staircase, taking two at a time, and pulling back the door of the main entrance I begin another day stuck in hell for eight hours.

Sorry for being terrible at keeping promises and sucking immensely at writing Logan's pov.