Don't Change

Iona was worried. She could see changes in a lot of people around her. Recent events had everyone on edge and Aogiri was busier than ever with their plans. She spent hardly any time with the purple haired ghoul and spent most of her free time chatting with Mio to make sure she was ok.

Mio had changed she was cold, cut off and slipping back into her old ways which she wasn’t strong enough to do considering she refused to eat properly until she settled her frankly stupid quest for revenge. Kaneki was the second she could see most of a change in she could remember the days Mio teased the dorky kid over a coffee while also getting in a few teasing comments on Iona and Ayato’s relationship which never failed to make Iona blush. She was sure he was still mostly the same, she had only heard rumours of the sickening things that had happened and didn’t blame him for the personality change but she could see how close he was to breaking and the worst of it all was he talked to no one.

In her free time Mio left to spend all her time outside the group with Tsukiyama, god knows why and it clearly irked the white haired male more than he showed. He never left the base only sat alone in silence. Iona watched as nearly everyone around her was at breaking point and she didn’t know how to get through to any of them. She didn’t know Kaneki she couldn’t talk to him with ease and Mio was difficult on topics at the best of times smiling and assuring her it would all work out.

Meanwhile the purple haired ghoul was not at all happy. Ayato watched as Iona spent all her time playing match maker to those dysfunctional assholes. Mio was a pain in the ass and Kaneki an even bigger one. He couldn’t care less if the two took a complete melt down and killed each other, in fact that would solve so many problems. He’d tried to talk to Iona but every time she was ‘busy’ running off to make sure Mio was ok. Fuck her. He growled today was the last straw. Ayato hated to show emotion but he’d become dependent on Iona as much as he would love to say he didn’t care he did and the time apart had made it clear just how much he did care. He didn’t even get to work with her now, no he had to babysit Mr. Pain in the ass.  

He saw her walking, presumably to her room, Mio was off doing god knows what and he couldn’t care less. Kaneki probably in a room somewhere staring at a wall like a fucking freak. So it was high time he had some time alone with /his/ Iona.

“Iona!” He snapped causing the ghoul to jump at the sudden shout and turn.

“Ayato is something wrong?” she asked.

“Too right there is get inside now” he hissed shoving her into her room and shutting the door.

She blinked confused wondering why he was so mad now she had him to worry about too? She didn’t need this.

“What’s wrong why are you so angry?” she sighed.

“Don’t give me that shit, are you saying I’m not good enough to gain your attention? Cause you’re happy to waste it on the walking white haired freak show and his shitty love life” he snapped.

She almost got mad then she sighed and smirked he was angry because he was jealous she was spending time on others rather than on him. She knew him far too well she could tell his insults were nothing more than a way of trying to cover up affection and she could read him like a book now.

“Ayato are you jealous?” She asked calmly folding her arms looking smug.

“Haa? No!” He quickly denied “I just don’t want you wasting time on trash” he snapped. “Besides enough talking you shitty idiot” he sighed slipping his fingers through the loops on her jeans and yanking her close.

Noses almost touching she could feel the heat in her cheeks. She looked at him before looking away out of embarrassment it had been a while since they had been intimate and his sudden actions had caught her very much by surprise. He smirked forcing her to look at him before closing what little distance there was connecting their lips. He was rough and she loved it he held her against him in a vice tight grip ensuring she wouldn’t slip away not again. He bit her bottom lip but not hard enough to break skin he didn’t appreciate the taste of ghoul nor did he appreciate hurting Iona.

She was certain her cheeks were close to crimson as she parted her lips wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing back. She’d been so busy she hadn’t realised how much she’d missed this. How much she’d missed him. He explored her mouth one hand on her waist keeping a hold of her the other tracing light patterns into her back. They parted only to catch their breath before kissing again and the pattern continued.

“Never do that again” Ayato hissed in her ear making her weak in the knees.

“What? Ignore you? If it gets you this worked up I may have to do it more” she couldn’t help but tease. He growled and nipped her neck causing her to yelp before kissing down her jawline yanking her top aside to gain better access to her neck.

“Your mine” he said blankly and quickly found the spot on her neck that was particularly sensitive. Damn him she thought as she shut her eyes letting him do what he wanted not that she didn’t also want this because oh god she did. By the time he was done she was out of breath from struggling to hold back the moans a mark on her neck which would quickly leave, sadly, thanks to ghouls’ ability to heal.

“I’m not your property…” She got out at last and he smirked.

“I don’t think you understand Iona, your mine, I’m not letting some stupid girl that won’t eat take you away from me” He said sternly.

“Ayato she’s not stupid!” Iona glared.

“And she’s also not weak Iona so give them space they’ll work it out as much as I hate them I’ve never seen a pair with more mental strength a little distance is not going to break them” he sighed.

She blinked realising he was trying to tell her not to worry. She smiled and hugged him tight thank god he was still the same.

“Ayato never change” Iona whispered.

“What the hell are you on about now? Change? Why would I change?” He sighed holding her protectively running a hand through her hair.

“I just see such a change in Mi -” before she could finish he cut her off less than pleased.

“God just stop with those two I’m here now focus on me” he snapped. She laughed lightly he was so easily annoyed.

“What’s so funny?” he growled.

“Nothing, I love you, idiot” she smiled resting her head on his chest.

He almost choked looking around embarrassed a blush on his face. He didn’t even know how to reply to a sudden outburst like that. Shitty ghoul she knows exactly how to make me uncomfortable… he thought.

“Shut up i-idiot” he said holding her tighter. She simply smiled she knew that was just his way of saying ‘I love you’ back and the gentle kiss he placed on her head only proved it.

She ended up with the purple haired ghoul in her room all night she curled up on her bed resting her head on his chest as he held her in his arms. They talked about random things, common interests and topics of change were left firmly in the back of her mind. She never knew how much Ayato could comfort her, he was pretty shit at it but she still felt like he helped a lot just by visiting. Everyone else could wait tonight all her attentions would be focused on the purple haired ghoul, her purple haired ghoul. She kissed his cheek before falling asleep safe calm and warm in his arms. He sighed and stroked her hair falling asleep soon after he hoped those two dropped dead so then he could have more time with her and he didn’t care how selfish it was.

(Oh boy hope I didn’t fuck up the characters too bad I feel like this went from meh to meh, sorry I focused a bit on Mio and Kaneki but I had the idea that Ayato would be so jealous and so shitty at hiding it like ‘Notice me you shitty girlfriend’ when you leave him for 5 minutes and I thought oh Iona can worry over those assholes and ignore him for a few days and he makes it out like it’s been years//I don’t think she would but oh well //shot))