[ Chapter 19 : 12 Years Ago ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" Hey " I turn around as I have the brownies stuffed in my mouth.

I see Gene standing there.

" Yes? " I asked and I swallow the piece in my mouth.

" Your not going to leave some for Zane are you? " He asked.

" It's not my fault he hasn't come home " I said as I stuff another piece in my mouth.

He walks up to me and use his thumb to wipe some chocolate on the edge of my lip, he suck it off his thumb, my cheek flush red.

" First of all, that's hot, second of all. . . .I don't know what to say " I said.

" You don't date much do you? " He asked and sit down on the stool next to me.

" I have bad experience in the past " I pick up the fork and stab the brownie.

" Cassie is usually the one who's dating, that's how she has her nickname, little miss-nine-exes " I stuff the piece in my mouth.

" Nine?! " He asked, I nodded with a hum.

I stab another piece and before I could stuff it in mouth Gene grabs my hand and make me feed him instead, he tilt his head to the side in front of my face, I take the fork out of his mouth.

I notice some of the melted chocolate is on the edge of his mouth, I grab the tissue and wipe it off for him.

" Kitten needs more practice on how to flirt " he said, I slap the tissue at his face and he laughs as I turn away.

" I told you not to call me that " I feel my cheeks getting warmer than before.

I pick up another fork and continue to eat the brownies.

" Your going to get sick again if you eat too much " he said then take away my fork, I whine.

" Come on, it's brownies " I said with mouth full.

" You need water " he stands up from the stool then approach the fridge, taking out a jug of water.

" You really taking things out like it's your own house huh? " I asked.

" Your not really stopping me " he said and I see he turns away to grab the cup.

I pick up the other fork and stuff the whole brownie in my mouth, chewing it quickly and cleaning my lips, when he turns around I sit straight and he place the glass of water on the table, he sit down and I sit here trying to swallow the cake.

" Your getting diabetes " he slides the empty cake pan to the side.

I pick up the glass and drink it which helps me to swallow the brownie.

" It's good " I said.

" Doesn't matter and your a messy eater " he wipes some of the chocolate on my lips, I giggle and my mouth is now empty.

" I give myself a ten out of five " I said, he raises a brow.

" What?, At least I can cook " I said.

" I don't know how your brothers live with you " he said.

" I could say the same thing with you and your brother " I said.

" We have nothing in common to hang out together unlike you and your brothers, you guys get a long very well " he said.

" That is because you guys need some bonding time together " I said.