e l e v e n

"You're alone, you're on your own. So what, have you gone blind? Have you forgotten what you have and what is yours? Glass half empty, glass half full, well, either way, you won't be going thirsty. Count your blessings, not your flaws." 

I stood in front of my family. They were crowed around the lit fireplace, grinning at me eagerly. I don't think I've played a song for all of them at once since I was 16. The boys sat around my family, watching me play my song with stars in their eyes. I smiled happily, my eyes falling closed as I sang.

"You've got it all, you lost your mind in the sound! There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown! You're in control, rid of the monster's inside your head...put all your faults to bed. You can be king again!" 

Julie let out a high pitched wolf whistle, Carlos jumping up and dancing around. My dad clapped his hands together as I twirled around, strumming my guitar all the while.

"You don't get what all this is about. You're too wrapped in your self doubt. You've got that young light, set it free. You've got it all, you lost your mind in the sound! There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown! You're in control, rid of the monster's inside you head...put all your faults to bed. You can be king...There's method to my madness! There's no logic in your sadness."

I leaned forward, booping Julie's nose with my finger. She laughed and stuck her tongue out at me.

"You don't gain a single thing from miseryyy. Take it from meeee! You've got it all, you lost your mind in the sound...There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown...you're in control, rid of the monsters inside your head...put all your faults to bed...you can be king...You've got it all! You lost your mind in the sound! There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown! You're in control, rid of the monster's inside your head! Put all your faults to bed! You can be king again!"

I strummed the final cords, propping my guitar against the wall. 

"Katie, that was wonderful!" My dad cheered.

I winked, taking a bow. Julie and Carlos ran up to me, tackling me into a hug. I let out a scream as I wobbled backwards towards the flames in the fireplace. Carlos backed away and Julie snatched my wrist, pulling me towards her.

"You almost killed me!" I yelped but I couldn't keep from laughing.

"Can I talk to you a minute?" Julie asked me quietly.

"Uhm, sure...?" I replied, grabbing my guitar.

I waved to my dad and brother, telling them goodnight. Julie grabbed my wrist and dragged me up the stairs and into my room. She sat on my bed and patted the soft mattress beside her. I jumped onto the bouncy bed, laying on my stomach beside her. The boys poofed into the room, laying themselves on the bed beside me.

"Okay so, we were thinking..." She began.

"That's always dangerous." I joked, earning a small giggle from the boys.

She smirked at me and looked towards the boys. "I'm reconsidering." She told them.

"No, ask her!" Alex whined impatiently. 

"We wanted to know if you would maybe wanna join the band?" She searched my face for a reaction.

I blinked a few times in shock, stating up at her. "Are you serious? This isn't a joke?" I asked with wide eyes.

"No, we really want you in our band Kat. I miss singing with you when we were younger! Besides, we think it would be good for you to start singing in front of an audience again. Please!" Julie begged me, giving me her signature puppy dog eyes.

"Oh my god, Julie, of course I will!" I laughed, propelling myself into her arms.

She hugged me close to her. "Yay!"

"Yes!" Alex grinned victoriously.

Luke smiled and hugged me excitedly. Reggie looked between Julie and I momentarily, as if considering something. Oh no. I know what he's going to do. But before I could stop him, the dark haired boy leaned towards me and planted a kiss on my cheek. My face went red as Julie's jaw hung open in shock.

"Heh. So yeah, that's been going on..." I laughed nervously.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" She yelped.

"Hey, you didn't tell me about your feelings for Nick right away. I had to be a detective too! Reggie just made it easy for you." I pouted.

"Fair enough..." She smiled, hugging me again. "I'm gonna go watch some Netflix." Julie stood, walking to the door. "I'm so happy you decided to join the band, I missed us." She admitted softly before retreating to her room.

"WOOO!" I shouted, leaping onto the guys.

I landed mostly on top of Reggie but my legs were splayed across Alex's lap and my arms across Luke's head. They laughed, throwing me off. Reggie poked my hips experimentally before engulfing me in a tickle assault. I burst out laughing as the two other boys joined in, all of them poking and jabbing at each other mercilessly. 

"Stop!" I cried, laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my face. "This is assault! I surrender!"

Eventually, they all halted in their brutal attack on me. I didn't miss the victorious smirks on their faces. I caught my breath, leaning back against my pillows as they all snuggled close to me. 

"Do you guys wanna watch The Office? It's my favorite show." I offered.

"Yes please!" Luke snuggled up next to me.

"Don't get too comfortable bud, I need to get my iPad." I laughed.

"Who says you have to get up?" Reggie asked, holding up his hand and making my iPad materialize into it.

"Woah! How did you do that?" I took my iPad from his hand.

"I thought about it and it appeared!" He giggled at my awed state.

"You know I'm going to take advantage of that right?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

"Oh yeah, definitely." Alex agreed, him and Reggie cuddling up on the other side of me. 

I clicked the last episode I had left off on which was 'Delivery pt1.' One of my personal favorites actually. We laughed as the episode played out, getting through about four more before passing out. I was in the middle, curled into Reggie. Luke was curled up in a ball, his head on my shoulder. Reggie had his arm around me. Alex was clinging to Reggie's other arm, his eyes closed tightly. I shifted a bit, opening my eyes slightly as I let out an almost silent groan. The boys still slept peacefully gathered around me. I wanted to go to the bathroom but they were so cozy and peaceful that I decided against it, letting my eyes fall closed again. I snuggled into Reggie's small embrace, tucking my arm around him. I could get used to this. I was so happy these ghosts were brought to me. I can't imagine my life without them constantly pestering, startling, and loving me. 

They were my family.

Hi y'all! A shorter but nonetheless sweet chapter for you guys today! I was inspired earlier and I just started writing until I got bored so, hope this chapter is pleasing to you guys. Anyways, it's like 12:00am my time right now so I think ima head to bed now. Lmk what you thought in the comments. Goodnight luvs! <3