3

Iris gave in to the irresistible need to move her limbs. She pulled the bedsheets over her head and breathed. 'Just breathe', she told herself.

She repositioned her body once or twice to make herself comfortable. Her hand ran through her forehead. Another dream.

Sunday, 10th February 2018, 6:45 am.

Iris tossed the phone on the other side of the bed. She was not gay, was she? At least her parents' description was accurate.

A dream within a dream. What now? Her head poked out of the sheets. Was she still dreaming?

Before her stood a wooden bookshelf, right next to the window. Grey curtains blocked the sunlight. The whole bedroom was decorated in colours of white, black and grey. No unnecessary decorations. The way she remembered it. She untangled the sheets and brushed the warm carpet with her toes.

With one deep breath she examined the house. The piano was not in the kitchen. Lungs overflowed with contentment the moment she realised everything was in the right place.

Back to her bedroom, towards the bookshelf. She examined the books. "The Invisible Man from Salem" - she had never read that one. She stretched her arm and held the book in her hand to read the description.

'A Leo Junker story. Why not?' She bit her lower lip and crept back into bed. Making herself comfortable, she read the first chapter.