XIX

"The Sixth Squadron, as your alias in the camp's database suggests." He seeked to be corrected, passing through the bridge and into the building as he followed the remnants of his soldiers, "It's been an honor watching your fruitful attempts at gaining an upper hand against us." He continued, entering the barracks and kneeling to examine the corpses. "My name is Vidar." He introduced himself, his voice blustering with each closing step, "I know that wherever you are, every word I say is clear to you.. And to your friends watching us." He reveals, "Your strategy is one of such brilliance, something that I myself have never bore to witness among the many bivouac's we've come to tear down." He paused afterward, looking up from his crouched position to scan the area for biological traces.

Dropping down to the floor, they ensure their hidden from any visibility over the lockers from the corridor. The four were completely unseen from any of the cameras in the building. Of which kept the others to only watch the mercenary as he single handedly searched the floor. Katherine knew that there was only an individual escape and entry route from their position, which wasn't quintessential. Strapping the quiver to her back, she darkened the jade lights in her visor while the rest stayed absent in glimmer. She gestured to Miles to move through the narrow corridor and for the rest of them to follow behind him.

Rising to their feet, they began traversing toward the exit of the armory, Clea following right behind him with Katherine travelling the rear with Vaughn. Guardedly edging their way toward the gate, the other Strider considered moving up behind Miles. Vidar's armor was impenetrable, but not unshakable. A simple charged arrow that burst out on impact should disorientate him for a couple of seconds. After his final scan, he got up from the perished body and continued his path to the armory.

Vidar walked towards the Fifth's bunker, his rifle in hand and his armor as immaculate as a black rose lacking the embrasures that Cody's bullet should've left not long ago. "I know what all of you are like. Sanguine without limits, a confidence that exceeded even men who knew their strength and devoured organizations that stood no chance against their tyranny." He voiced to them, Miles reaching the edge of the corridor and listened on, "You think you can outsmart us with you cheap play to tear the power of the generators from the tower will raise your chances? I've slaughtered your entire battalion and all it takes for me to kill nine more souls is a pint of effort to be given!" He clamored threateningly, the Sixth unblemished by his words.

As they paid a close ear to each step he took, Katherine faced her underarm upward to her sight as she held onto her bow. The downsized LED screen gleamed faintly in the darkness, producing almost little to no visible light. Its connection with the A.Q. attachment was resolute and would react instantly to given instructions. Two fingers from her drawing hand scrolled through the arrowheads that was open to her choosing. Stopping at the flat ended spherical tip, she tapped onto it and the attachment went to work. The upper plate removed the original tips from the shaft of its chosen arrow while the lower plate raised the concussive arrowhead upward, allowing the upper plate to attach the unique tip to the shaft. As easily as that, Katherine was given a new arrow to play with.

Thereupon, Vidar's words were sounded closer than ever as he slowly trekked alongside the walls of the Fifth and crossing into the armory's. "Do you want to know what happened to the last group that we happened to eliminate?" He asked rhetorically, referencing the Ninth and appealing to Miles' worst interest. 

Budging uncomfortably as he heard his startling words, Clea left her downsized rifle to her right hand and extended her bare palm to his. Holding onto him firmly, she hoped to soften his intentions. "Don't." She whispered with lucidity, Miles heeding to her suggestion in the meanwhile. He held held onto her hand in return, her being the only source of reassurance for him. What he was about to hear could pull him from his promise to not let his emotional judgement fight for him.