Four Leaf Clover

Clover Thompson became Ella's best friend the year prior and since the first day they met, they've been inseparable. She had met all the boys, except for Sawyer and Jeremy, within that time and became close with Louis and Shawn in the process. In Sawyer's final year of high school, he became so immersed in his work and figuring out college applications that he hardly left the house unless it was for work, school, or a required supper with all the families. And when came time for him to go off to school, he left as soon as he could to get everything set up and make sure he'd have nothing to worry about other than being acquainted with the school grounds. Jeremy, however, was away in a different state and focused on his two-and-a-half-year relationship along with studying to become a lawyer and never made the time to come home unless it was Christmas. This year was different though and he was utterly joyful that he made the time in his schedule.

          Over the last year, she had heard all the stories regarding the boys and growing up on the block. She never tired of hearing updates on the group, although, her favorite updates were those of the boy she had yet to meet, Sawyer.

          "So, you're telling me, dreamboat had you pinned between him and a hard surface like a movie scene and you didn't take him right then and there?"

         "Clo..." She warns about stepping into that section of the topic at hand.

          "I can't remember a single story of yours that he's done that type of thing."

          "See that's the thing, Clo, he's done similar things before, but he's never stated that his touch can control me the way he did. It's so out of character."

          "I don't know about you but the fact that he is aware, be it a joke or not, makes it incredibly easy for you to get rid of the boyfriend."

          "Clover, my God."

          "No but for real, you're still with Jackass after that happened?" Clover was never the biggest fan of her friend's boyfriend, believing he wasn't good enough for her when they started and all the way through until now. She's been waiting for common sense to kick in and until then, whenever he does something she doesn't approve of, her fingers tap away at her phone screen to inform Louis. The two became acquaintances at the beginning of her friendship after coming to realize how they both would do anything for Ella and have kept each other in the loop since.

          Ella scoffs, "It wasn't an invitation to jump him. It didn't mean anything."

          Clover rolls her eyes, "Are you just saying that, so you won't have to worry about how you'll feel if it actually didn't mean anything?"

          "No, I-"

          "Honey, I'm home," Sawyer calls, walking into the Peters' residence. "Are you still the only one here or has someone else finally come back too?"

          "Still me."

          "Jeremy is driving me bonkers. When's Eli coming home so I don't have to deal with stupidity?" Sawyer asks coming into the room he heard Ella's voice.

          "You have his number, why don't you ask him."

          "You're his sister, you should know."

          "Ask him." She states, not about to give him the information he requests on accountability of not knowing the answer herself.

          "Hey, dreamboat," Clover greets, making her presence known.

          Sawyer smiles at her, leaning his hands flat against the chair beside him. "I'm sorry to tell you, but I can't entertain this past hello. Els here isn't too fond of me going after her friends."