Chapter 5: Moments

This is how I imagined how Addie's room would almost look like. © to the owner (the picture isn't mine).

To say that I'm extremely nervous is an understatement. After the silent dinner last night, Angelique volunteered to do the dishes and Mom was kind enough to let me go to my room without having to force a conversation out of me.

But, as soon as I had laid on the comfort of my bed I then realized that sleep wasn't going to come to me immediately. So last night, after tossing and rolling and counting thousands of sheeps I finally gave up and had ended up staring at the ceiling until dawn.

Now, at 7am, I am very much awake, and exhausted. I rubbed my tired and heavy eyes and grimaced as I stared at my hideous face on the bathroom mirror. My blonde locks are all tangled up, my blue eyes are now bloodshot with dark circles under it, and my skin, pale by the lack of sunlight and sleep.

I let out a heavy sigh as I grabbed my towel. Okay Addie, lets get yourself fixed shall we, I muttered as I closed my bathroom door and headed for the shower.

***

"Morning", I greeted my family as I made my way towards the dining area for breakfast. And yes, we are the kind of family who eats breakfast and dinner together.

"Eww, you look uglier", Aaron remarked as he scrunched up his nose.

"Thanks for rubbing it in pal", I muttered as I roll my eyes and sat on my chair.

"Didn't sleep well?", Mom asked.

"More like didn't sleep at all", I replied as I put 3 strips of bacon, 2 fried eggs, and 4 pieces of blueberry pancakes on my plate.

"Whoa, chill down mate!", Angelique said chuckling as she eyed the stack of food I took.

"I'm a growing girl, I need my food to survive", I muttered and my sister just snorted in return.

***

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!", I panicked. I am currently locked in my room, pacing back and fourth and clutching my dear phone as I talk to Ella.

"Will you please relax", Ella said from the other line sighing in frustration.

"I can't! Any minute now they'll be here! I don't know what to do! Oh my gosh! Oh my-"

"Okay, listen you dork!", Ella suddenly snapped. "Breathe in, breathe out, breat-".

"Ella I know how to freaking breathe!", I interrupted.

"Shut up and do exactly what I said!", she yelled.

"Okay okay", I said sheepishly.

"Good. Now breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out".

So, Ella's breathing lesson honestly did helped me relax, well almost, until I heard the sound of a car, the car doors being opened and then shut closed, and then the familiar voices downstairs, and then I realized that I have been holding my breath when I heard Ella from the other line asking me why she can't hear me breathing.

"They're here Elle", I whispered in panic. My fingers are now trembling, and my pacing back and forth had started again.

"Okay, get a hold of yourself and call me later. Good luck. Bye!", and then she hunged up.

"Okay, Addie", I started pep talking myself as I looked at my reflection on the full length mirror by my closet. "You'll be just fine. Relax okay. It's just dinner. You'll survive. Don't choke on your food. Remember your good manners. Don't make a fool of yourself. Chill. Just chill okay."

I then did Ella's breathing lesson again and again until I heard soft knocks from my door.

"Addie?"

Why on earth did they sent Lexus in my room?! Why didn't they sent Aaron or Angelique instead?! Panicking, yeah.

Soft knocks again.

"Hey Addie, you there?", he asked with that same old accent of his.

"Just a sec", I answered as I checked myself again on the mirror and opened up my door.

"You look great", he smiled searching for eye contact.

"Thanks", I said and made my way down the stairs without even glancing back.

***

"Adelaide! I missed you so much!", Lexi squeaked as she ran towards me with her probably 6 inches heels and squeezed me in a bear hug. "Oh, you're still tiny and short".

"I blame your stilettos for making me appear like a dwarf", I retorted as I hugged her as tight as I could.  "I missed you too Alexia".

Yeah, we're just like that. Alexia and I were used at calling each other in our full names. Alexia and Angelique both has the same age and birthdays, and by being my sister's bestfriend, Alexia has always been like another older sister of mine.

"Now now, don't I get a hug?", Aunt Tori suddenly asked acting offended behind my back.

"Of course you do!", Alexia & I then unwrapped our arms at each other,  and flung myself to Aunt Tori's awaiting arms. "And yeah, I missed you too".

"How about me? Don't I get a hug?", I stiffed as I hear Lexus ask me. He's facing me so I know that I'm the one  being asked. Aunt Tori then let go of me and kissed the top of my head.

"No you don't because you're an idiot", Alexia said while smirking at his brother.

"Dinner's ready!", Angelique called and then Alexia entwined her arm around mine with a wink as I mouthed 'thanks' at her and pulled me towards the dining room.

This would be a long dinner.