Chapter 18. Happy ever after

Chapter  18    happy ever after

Everyone was silent for a small while. It was quiet enough to hear a pin drop. The leader vampire walked forward to granddaddy. “Leave in peace, Aro.” He said. His body was frozen.

“Please remember that we still have our Anonymity to protect here, and keep your guard from hunting in this region.”

The big bad vampire didn’t look so fierce anymore. I didn’t know granddaddy was his friend. Who would want a friend like him!

“Of course, Carlisle, I am sorry to earn your disapproval, my dear friend. Perhaps, in time, you will forgive me.” He bowed his head to granddaddy and walked away. I felt mommy still protecting me as the black cloaks disappeared behind the trees. Mommy was the first to speak.

 “Is it really over?” She whispered. Daddy looked up at both of us grinning.

“Yes. They’ve given up. Like all bullies, they’re cowards underneath the swagger.” Daddy laughed.

Auntie Alice was laughing with him. She looked at everyone’s frozen faces and said

 “Seriously, people. They’re not coming back. Everybody can relax now.” The space was still silent then everyone started cheering. I looked around at all of our friends and family and everyone had big smiles on their faces. I saw them all hugging and mommy picked me up hugging me and daddy wrapped his arms around us too. Mommy looked like she was going to cry.

“Nessie, Nessie, Nessie.” She said.  I was a little confused. How could this be it? We were supposed to be killed and nothing happened. They walked away. Jacob laughed in his wolf form. I loved cuddling up to. Mommy just told him to shut up. I frowned still confused. “Do I get to stay with you?” I asked.

“Forever.” Mommy smiled. I hugged her tighter and we walked to our home as a family and friend.

Everyone started to leave after that and only a few guests were left. One of them was Nahuel he was just like me and I loved listening to his life. Jacob growled whenever I went to Nahuel but I knew he was just my friend and Jacob was my bestest friend in the whole world. Zafrina was standing by the door she had begged for mommy to come and see her with me. I asked mommy if we could and she nodded. I was so happy.

Mommy and daddy were talking I heard mommy feeling uncomfortable as everyone was celebrating mommy helping us all and Jacob lapped up the glory. Everyone was too happy to fight though and mommy got over the embarrassment quickly.

I fell asleep on mommy’s lap after hearing Alice talk about finding Nahuel. I was so tired and happy after the day’s events. Mommy took me back to the cottage when it was darker and Jacob followed us. Mommy had told me she had finally been able to show daddy her thoughts. I of course knew this since I had been with Zafrina when she was training mommy. Daddy didn’t know this until now.

Well that is my story of my life through the good the bad and the greatest. I will tell you now that Nahuel is still a very good friend of mine he comes over for Christmas every year and Jacob even doesn’t mind him too much. My life is finally perfect thanks to my mommy. But what a lot for her to go through.