Letters to a Golden Boy

From: Christian Grey
To: Theodore Grey
Subject: Your education

Ted,

I just got off the phone with the Dean of your faculty. Check your transcripts again. That calculus mark from your last term should be fixed. If not, let me know – I’ll come talk to him personally on Monday.

I’ve also arranged for you to be exempted from further math courses. You’re not studying to be a scientist. Harvard’s reputation for business is evidently poorly deserved, if they have useless nonsense like calculus in their curriculum. 

Instead of math, I've signed you up for several English literature courses and one French one. Those are proper classes that every businessman should be taking.

C. Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.

*** 

From: Anastasia Grey
To: Theodore Grey
Subject: Your grad trip

Dear Teddy,

I didn't know your father was going to be the speaker at your commencement, either. Wasn't it a wonderful surprise? His speech was so inspiring and thoughtful, didn't you think? And I'm so glad they'll be able to build three new buildings with the donation.

Anyway, Ros is sending you the itinerary for your grad trip. Dad and I will be joining you on the Greece & Croatia leg of the trip.

I have to go, your dad wants to talk to me about something.

Love,
Mom

Anastasia Grey

*** 

From: Christian Grey
To: Theodore Grey
Subject: S&L Ventures' presidential inauguration

Ted,

Taylor will pick you up tomorrow morning at 7:00. I’ve arranged for Terrence Hu to give you a tour of the compound. Terrence will be serving as your vice president, by the way. Don’t worry, he’s very capable – practically ran the place himself for the past 5 years. You can ask him anything. I'm sure he'll be happy to help. 

C. Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.

PS – how was your grad trip?

*** 

From: Christian Grey
To: Theodore Grey
Subject: FW: Terrence Hu

To all employees,

Be advised that from this second onward Terrence Hu is to be considered persona non grata at S&L Ventures, and at all Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc's properties.

Additionally, any employee found conferring with Mr. Hu, or repeating any of the slanderous lies he has been telling about Theodore Grey, your president and the future CEO of Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc, will have his or her contract terminated immediately. 

C. Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.

*** 

From: Christian Grey
To: Theodore Grey
Subject: Your girlfriend

Ted,

I’ve taken the liberty of offering Julie a position as a division manager of Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc. The position will be held for her until 6 months after her graduation. You may want to buy her a vacation or something during that time. As a graduation present. Women like that sort of stuff.

Which division would be more suited to her, Publicity or Outreach? She’s doing a Bachelor’s in International Relations, right? Probably Outreach, then.