5. Fake Terminal Liars With Kids

"You act like he kidnapped me." I snap, folding my arms as I stand behind Janis.

She's preparing dinner and we've been having this battle all day.

She turns, finally fed up with my constant whines from behind her.

"Emmerson. You leaving dinner with him is only half the problem. Carter is ... He'd bad news." She says.

"That's such a lie. You have him over for dinner all the time, he hangs around Mac and Max- Carter wasn't a problem until I came and I don't know why your so set on making my time here Miserable." I shoot.

She laughs,"you think I want you to feel miserable here? Emerson, I've never had to worry about carter around my Teenage daughter. I'm keeping him away because Iv seen what he does to girls like you." She confesses.

"Bull-" I begin
she eyes me, daring me to finish that word.

I grow quiet for a second, "He's a murder Janis? Does he chop girls like me up into a million little pieces and give us out as candy on Halloween?" I ask.

She folds her arms now, "Emerson."

"Does he store out bodies into freezers? Or, oh oh, does he torture is first?" I ask.

"Emerson."

"Does he-" I begin

"Emerson, Carter is terminal." She says lightly.

I open my mouth to speak, nothing comes out. Nothing.

"What?" I ask.

"He's sick. Emerson. He's sick and he's got a kid. He left his pregnant girlfriend for a football scholarship and when he got sick even then he still didn't care to reach out to her. Don't you get it, your a last hoorah... He's terminal." She shoots.

I'm cold all of a sudden, I'm so cold it's ridiculous.

"Well now you know just how important it is that I see him, now." I say, tight lipped.

My mind was racing with so many thoughts, my heart was beating a mile a minute.

She doesn't budge.

"I'm sorry Emerson." She says.

"Oh, don't try to be a mother now." I say, truly disgusted.

She looks at me, shocked.

"I don't have to listen to you. " I add, turning away from her. "Where are you going?" She rushes behind me.

I'm going for the front door.

"Emerson, get back here." She demands.

I'm opening the front door.

"I will call your father." She shoots.

I turn towards her, "it's a shame he's the only one that knows how to be a parent to me." I say, turning away quickly after and racing down the street.

I run towards the bay.

Particularly the bay houses.

Where Carter resides.

I'm passing each look-alike-house until I come across his.

I'm standing on his doorstep, afraid to knock.

Running out on Janis was spare of the moment but I really should think about what I'd say to Carter.

I knock.

5 long seconds pass and the doors opening.

"Em," he says, "how come you didn't tell me you were terminal." I shoot.