Part 7

Anjali was shocked hearing what he said.

Everyone stood in shock at everything that just happened.

Amrita's voice broke their reverie and they all looked behind to find an angry Happyji and an equally angry neighbours behind them.

Happy moved in and grabbed Shyam by his collar and pulled him out and pushed him on the floor with the neighbors surrounding him with the women armed with canes and sticks and the men with their sleeves rolled up and ready to bounce on him.

This scared Shyam who looked around for help but found none.

"How dare you show up here!?..... Decieved the Guptas to marry Khushi and when Shashi caught you...... You tried to kill him which left him paralyzed. " Happy revealed shocking the Raizadas who turned to look at Shashi and from his expression knew it was true. "We won't spare you today........ In this neighborhood, no one hurt our daughters and friends and gets away with it especially good people like Payal, Khushi and Shashi. " Happy bellowed making Shyam flinch seeing the fury in his eyes and that of the neighbors. "Atttttaaaaacccck." Happy yelled and the men kicked him while the women hit him with their canes.

If not for the timely arrival of the police, Shyam would have been lynched by them.

They forcefully pushed everyone aside and picked up a badly bruised Shyam and the head of the police officers moved forward and stood in front of him.

"Mr Shyam Manohar Jha..... You are under arrest for attempted murder of Mr Shashi Gupta." He said and turned to his men. "Take him away. " They then pulled a resisting Shyam away and officer moved to the veranda where the Guptas and the Raizadas were standing. "Don't worry Akash....... Your fiancee gave us the video and with the written statement of Mr Shashi Gupta..... He will be locked up for a very long time." He said to Akash who nodded.

"Thank you Aditya...... I have also asked some private detectives to have a background check on him and  sure there is more dirt on him which will help us get him to rot in prison for good...... My lawyers will be at police station for any legal arrangement needed. " Akash revealed and Aditya nodded.

"Good...... We will fully cooperate with them to keep him locked up for good. " Aditya said and left with the others and Shyam.

Happy and Amrita moved closer to them.

"Akash..... We are also here if they need our statement. " Happy said to Akash and turned to Arnav with a scowl on his face. "If not because you are related to Akash..... We would have given you the same treatment. "

"If you hadn't released that video then he wouldn't come to our Khushi's life. " Amrita said in anger and all the neighbors yelled yes in unison.

"Am really sorry for everything. " Arnav apologized shocking all of them because they've heard how arrogant he is. "I really am and it will hunt me for the rest of my life..... And am ready for any punishment. " Arnav concluded with his head bowed in shame.

All were just taken aback by his apology that no one spoke for a couple of seconds.

"Bhai .....Khushi is the only one who has the right to punish you. " Akash said and everyone looked at him. He marched up to Arnav and looked him right in the eyes. "Maybe Khushi may forgive you..... But I will never forgive...... What you did to her nearly drove her to her death?..... You tore up a family bhai...... You took her away from not only her family but her neighbors who clearly with what they did today shows how much they love her." Akash concluded and Arnav looked down in shame and pain to see the brother who idolized him so much look at him in disappointment.