Chapter 61: Cashmere

I woke up and groaned. My vision was blurry and I had a horrible pain in my back. I remembered being whipped and passing out. Kids, don't try that at home.
        I was back in my original room, strapped down to the metal table. I was alone.
        My head was pounding, my heart was beating, my blood was pulsing, my back was bleeding, my eyes were trying to focus on everything that seemed black and white and rainbow, my voice wasn't working when I tried to scream.
        Then all I saw was darkness.

        *Flash* I saw the room around me.
        *Flash* I saw Bri holding my necklace.
        *Flash* I saw Bri with the bloody head. She got up and touched the back of her head. Her hand was covered in blood. "What did you do?" she asked.
        "Yes, Cashmere. What did you do?" my mom was suddenly there.
        "Oh my. I'm afraid we can't let you back home. We could be arrested." my dad said out of nowhere.
        "Yes, goodbye." my mom said. What was going on? "What have you done?" asked my teacher. "What have you done?" my parents asked. "What have you done?" demanded Bri. "What have you done?" chanted the other students.
        "What have you done! What have you done! What have you done!"
        "Stop! I didn't do it, it was an accident!" I shouted, covering my ears.
        "What have you done!" I covered my eyes and screamed.

        I took my hands away from my ears. There was silence. I opened my eyes. I was standing on sand and water suddenly chilled my toes. I shrieked and looked down at the wave that had come up on the beach. Suddenly,I was lifted in the air and I screamed. It was a young scream, as if I were eight years younger. I was placed on my Dad's shoulders. I squealed and giggled and put my arms up as he ran across the sand. I felt major de ja vu. Then I realized why: this was a flashback. It felt great not being strapped to a table or having to stop a virus or having powers. I just felt so...free.
        My dad finally put me down, but as soon as he did, he began kicking sand at me. I screamed happily and began kicking sand in return. I missed these days, spending time with my parents. I remembered this day clearly now: I was four years old, and we were on vacation at the beach. I couldn't remember where, but I didn't care. I hadn't had this much fun in a long time. Ever since the day I ran away.
        I escaped from my dad's kicking range and hid behind my mom's beach chair on which she was sleeping. My dad approached slowly, holding a pale of water. I giggled quietly, and he brought his finger to his mouth, telling me to be silent. I obeyed, and when he was fave feet away, he dumped the water on my mom. She gasped and sat up sputtering salt water out her mouth. My dad and I ran off, laughing until our sides hurt.
        After swimming for a while, we got out and dried off.
        "Why don't you go make a sandcastle, sweetheart? I need to have a chat with Dad." my mom said, glaring at him. He winked at dad and I ran off with a pale and shovel. I found a good spot with damp sand and began to dig with my shovel. I filled the bucket with sand and flipped it upside down. 
        "Can I help?" asked a voice. I looked up and saw a little girl with red pigtails.
        "Sure!" I replied. She sat next to me, and we built it together. After a long time, we were done.
        "Thanks." I said.
        "No problem. Hey, do you wanna come over sometime?" she asked. "I don't live here, sorry." I replied sadly. "Oh."
        "Well, our castle is beautiful. But it needs one last touch...I know! A moat!" I shrieked. She nodded and we dug around the castle.
        "Now we need water, I'll get some." I said, getting up.
        "No, wait. I've got some." she said. She pulled out a pale from behind her back full of water. I could've sworn that was empty a moment ago. She poured it in and I gave her a high five. 
        "Cool. By the way, my name is Cashmere." I smiled at her. She smiled back revealing that her two front teeth were missing.
        "I'm Aqua."