CHAPTER 1: BEST PART

Author's note:

So since it's a book about Christmas and the Holidays, and these special times are all about sharing with the people close to your heart (plus, today it's Thanksgiving in the US), I wanna say a big thank you to all my readers, my friends, my little rays of sunshine. ❤🌞😘

This story is kinda a way to thank you all, and that's why this one isn't rated mature, so all my little readers can read it (contrary to some of my steamier story 😈, I promise to keep my dirty mind in check because I wanna be on Santa's nice list 😇, though I still promise there's gonna be hot guys 🔥😏). I hope that with this story, I will bring you a little happiness, coziness, and love like you do every day with your love and support. ❤

Also, I will dedicate each chapter to one of my little rays of sunshine because this book is really for you all and I wanna shine light on you, but I wanna tell you that even if I can't mention all of you (sideways glance especially to my silent readers 😉), this whole book is dedicated to all of you ❤, my little rays of sunshine. Finally, there will also be hints and references inspired by you (you may remember that I've asked you some questions here and there...).

Now, I'll stop talking, and let you enjoy the story! Happy Holidays, my little rays of sunshine! 😘🎄

"I would have missed the journey of my life if we hadn't made this pact, I wouldn't have spent the best holidays ever, I wouldn't have got to know you and all your little annoying habits..." A smile stretches the angular face of the tall brown-haired man, and it is glowing until his clear eyes, outshining all the lights around, although all the red, green and golden lights around are dazzling. It is as bright as in broad daylight, even with the starry sky above. Yet the ornamented Christmas trees, tinsel, and miniatures of Santa and his reindeers are only highlighting the depth of the man's gaze.

"And I wouldn't have fallen madly in love with you, Holly Martins." The foggy clouds leaving his lips unevenly are giving away his breathless state, but he continues with his confession without even waiting for a reply, "Yes, it was just pretend in the beginning, but it became so much more... The kiss, the walk, the dance, the dinner... everything, yes it was planned and fake, but what I felt wasn't. It was real. It still is... I love you. I know–"

"I love you too, Nick." This time the beautiful Santa's elf with a blond bob cuts him off.

Nick doesn't seem to care about the ridiculous costume of the woman, and they both stare at each other for a moment that means more than any word. Snowflakes interrupt their blissful smiles and shining gazes for a second before they come back to each other, this time leaning closer.

"Oh no! Not a Christmas romance again?!" A bored voice interrupts the magical moment.

I turn to my best friend Amy, her wide brown eyes flicking between me and my computer screen.

I don't even bother answering her. We've already had this discussion a thousand times, and all my arguments have been useless for her cold heart. Besides, I have more important things to do, already focusing my attention back on the screen in front of me. 

But I let out a heartbreaking whimper when I only see a freeze-frame of the beautiful couple kissing behind a roll of minuscule names flashing up on the screen.

"Because of you, I just missed the best part!"

Amy just rolls her eyes, not minding my distress as she leans on the side of my white plastic desk and sips peacefully her cup of coffee. "They kiss and they live happily ever after." She shrugs. "It's always the same."