Chapter 9: Saints and Hypocrisy (1)

Kei POV

"What?! So it's not just Shiina-san who's investigating you?"

I almost screeched, as I was in complete shock at the information that just came to me like shockwave

"Yes-"

"What do you mean by a yes?!" I screamed at Kiyotaka, whose body is still lying on the wall, looking completely relaxed.

"How in the world did you get suspected all of a sudden?! Is it because of the rumor? Or is it you playing tricks on everyone again, ha?"

I recalled the rumor back in the recent time. I know it might be possible to raise some suspicion, but smart people like Shiina-san aside, there's even more people who's suspecting us now?

"Relax," Kiyotaka told me the impossible.

"Don't tell me to-"

"Our relationship is kept as a secret, that secret alone is not found yet. I can promise that at least."

I raised a brow at his bizarre claim.

"But how would you know that?" I questioned.

"It's simple," Kiyotaka said. "But it's troublesome to explain, so we'll leave it at that for now."

Mou, he's hiding stuffs from me again!

Just as I'm about screamed out my frustration at him, he raised a hand to cut me off.

"Let's get down to the business first." His words interrupted me.

"If my guess is correct, you're now considered a friend to Shiina-san, am I right?"

I gasped.

"You...is it why you told me to hold off Ichinose-san at the entrance..."

Just last night, Kiyotaka told me to 'make a friend', aka striking a conversation with Ichinose-san at the entrance of the school, preventing her from entering the school.

...and...he also told me there'll probably be a girl with a silver hair approaching us.

"That is correct," he said. "It doesn't go exactly as I planed to, but she'll pass through the entrance no matter what, so meeting her there for an interaction is the safest option. Plus, It'll be suspicious of you to suddenly approach Hiyori to build a relationship with her. However, that's another case if you can casually be introduced to her by Ichinose."

...that makes sense...

To be fair, I don't know Shiina-san that much anyway, so it'll be difficult for me to start a conversation with her using any common topic at all. Though it'll be different if someone who's already known her introduced Shiina-san to me.

And there's no better person to be the intermediary than Ichinose-san, who's considered one of the most sociable person in the classes.

"However," he closed his eyes. "I change a plan a little."

"...what?"

"First though," his back was leaving the wall as he said so.

"Hiyori was requesting of you about something earlier, right?"

I nodded.

"Yes, what about them?"

I did think there are something off about some of her questions and...her one request. But I still can't really figure the meaning behind them...

"Tell me about them." Kiyotaka said.

"Alright," I replied.

"Then, I guess I should start with her odd request of me inviting Sakura-san to meet her."