Chapter 1

Veralyn's POV

"Kayton! We're gonna be late!" I shouted throughout the house and took the stairs two at a time. First day of senior year and we're going to be late.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbed some bread and put it in the toaster. When it was done, I grabbed butter and grape jelly to layer on it. Then I pulled my leather jacket on and backpack.

I walked out into the foyer just as Kayton came down the stairs, pulling on his leather jacket and strapped on his backpack. I handed him one of the pieces of toast and then we were out the door, eating our pieces of toast before getting to our matching red, metallic motorcycles. We put on our matching helmets that have 'Rapattoni' in black on the back of them. Without a word, we hopped on our motorcycles, and headed to school.

Kayton scoffed. 'I'm an Alpha, I shouldn't have to go to school.'

I, mentally, rolled my eyes. 'Technically, you're not one yet. You gotta meet your mate still.'

'Whatever. I've been one since I turned three years early.' Kayton replied.

I, legitimately, rolled my eyes. 'You're such a big baby. You're just upset cause you have to start getting up early.'

Kayton didn't reply.

I smirked as I got an idea of a fun way to wake him up. I revved my motorcycle to get up ahead of him. 'Race you to school!'

'You're so on!' Kayton instigated, following up right behind me.

With no accidents and weaving in between cars, I beat Kayton to school. We pulled up beside the Morales twins' sleek black motorcycles- they also have matching helmets that say 'Morales' in silver on the back. They're just about as close as Kayton and I are. They'll be part of Kayton's pack once he's an Alpha.

I found out I will not be part of Kayton's pack- whatever pack my mate is part of is the one I join. Unless he's a rogue; If he is, then we'll just join Kayton's pack. It hurts knowing this, but I know that's not going to stop Kayton and I from being close. It hasn't stopped my mom and her brother, Cole, from being close.

Kayton and I heard the warning bell go off; school's starting ten minutes. We both muttered, "Shit." We ran inside, pushing each other along the way, and laughing. Some may think it's creepy at how close we are, but it's just the way we've always been.

I spotted Justin and Peyton at his locker, looking intently into each other's eyes.

"I'll see you after first, okay?" Justin asked, setting his finger under her chin, and pulled her in for a soft kiss.

"Okay." She whispered.

Justin shut his locker then headed off to whatever he has first.

I walked over to Peyton, fake gagging. "You, two, are disgusting!"

Peyton rolled her eyes. "Veralyn, you're just jealous you haven't found your mate yet."

"Uh-huh, that's it, and I want to do what just happened there with him." I retorted. I reacted the scene out, making a high voice for her and a deep voice for Justin. At the end, I scoffed, "Get a room."

"Get a mate." She scoffed back, then walked off to her first class.

"Good talk." I called out to her. I heard her stifle back a laugh.

Kayton walked over to stand next to me. "I am not gonna do that."

I smirked. "Dude, you're gonna be so whipped."