First day of school

You wake up to the buzzing sound of your alarm clock. Uhg. Summer was over and it was the first day of grade 10 at your new school. You put on your favourite red hoodie, black leggings and your brand new white Converse. 

"Y/n, get down here or you're going to be late to school!" your mom yells from the kitchen.

"Coming!" you shout back. You grab you black Jansport backpack and race downstairs. Your mom is a petite woman with medium length brown hair, greenish eyes and a smile that could light up a room, but lately she had been stressed about work. She was working on an important project for her job, and if she did well, she might get promoted.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to be working late today, so you'll be  on your own for dinner tonight," she said. 

"Okay," you answer while pouring some Cheerios into a bowl. "Have a good day"

"You too honey, love you!" she said, grabbing her keys and rushing out the door. You look at the clock on the microwave. The green numbers tell you that it's 7:43 am. You shake your head, smiling. Your mother was supposed to leave 7 minutes ago. And she was saying you were going to be late.

You finish your breakfast and walk to the bus stop, waiting for the bus for what feels like forever. When you finally see it driving up you've convinced yourself that today is going to be the worst day ever. Your best friend, Kristen, was going to your old school, and you knew no one that was going to your new school. You would probably make no new friends, and everyone would just refer to you as the weird new girl. You try to tell yourself that it's just anxiety putting these ideas in your head, but you can't stop thinking about them.

As you walk onto the bus, the bus driver smiles at you and you find an empty window seat near the back of the bus and count the trees as they pass by. The bus stops at a huge white house and you can't help but stare at it. The front yard was bigger than your front and back yard put together. It had a pathway leading to the back and had a line of trees that marked the line between their yard and the neighbors yard. The front steps leading up to the enormouse double doors looked as though they were made of marble, and it looked like the house might be 10 stories tall. There was a red ferrari, and a yellow porsche parked on the massive driveway and you wondered who lived there.

You were so busy looking at the house that you didn't notice when a gorgeous guy walked out of the house, or when he walked onto the bus. You didn't even notice him standing right beside your seat until he cleared his throat.

"Hi," he said. "My names Jaden, could I sit beside you?" His blueish greyish eyes were striking with his black hair, and you couldn't believe that someone like him was talking to someone like you.

" Me?" you ask, feeling like an idiot.

"Yeah you," he said smiling, revealing his perfect white teeth.

"Okay," you answered, wondering if it was a prank or something.

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm y/n," you said blushing. 

"Nice to meet you y/n," he said. He sounded like he meant it. "You're new here, right?"

"Yeah, I used to go to CLC, but my mom wanted me to go here now, so here I am," you say, trying to be polite, but you couldn't really concentrate on the conversation you were having, all you could think about was how perfect his jawline was, or how cute he was when he did his little half-smile.

"Y/n?" he said bringing you back from your thoughts.

"What? Did you say something?" you ask, embarrassed

"I asked what grade you're in," he said, doing his little half-smile again. Gosh, I needed to stop thinking about how great he looked, but could anyone blame me? He was hot.

"Umm, grade 10, what about you?" you ask forcing yourself to look straight into his eyes. Damn, how could someone's eyes be that blue?

"Grade 11," he said. I have a spare, so I could show you to your first class if you'd like.

"Sure," you say. "If you have a spare, why didn't you just come later though?" you ask, genuinely curious. I'd pick staying in his gigantic house over coming to school early any day.

"My parents don't trust me driving to school. To be fair, I did  just get into a car crash, so I guess it's justified," he said

You're about to ask him when he got into the accident, and if he'd been injured at all, but you realize that the school bus is pulling into the school parking lot. This school is a lot bigger than you're old school, and you wonder how you're ever going to find your way around without getting lost.

Jaden gets up and turns around to wait for you. You grab your backpack off the floor and you guys walk off the school bus together. You pull the schedule that you printed out yesterday from your backpack and look for your locker number. 

"It says here that my locker is number 56, do you know where that is?" Jaden nods.

"It was Mad's locker last year," he says leading you to the front doors of the school.

"Who's Mads?" you ask. 

"She's-" he starts to answer you but a beautiful blonde walks up to us ad interrupts.

"Hiii!" she says to Jaden, completely ignoring you. "I missed you so much baby!" Baby?  You think. Oh. She was his girlfriend. I guess it was too much to hope that a guy like him would be single. You think. I mean he was good looking, rich (not that I care), and considering how he sat beside you on the bus and made an effort to talk to me, he's probably one of the nicest guys I know

"What are you doing?" Jaden sighed. It sounded like she was the last person he wanted to talk to.

"Who is she?"  she said, referring to you, completely ignoring his question. Her tone makes you feel like you were the one who had interrupted them.

"Mads, this is y/n, y/n this is Mads" Jaden said, introducing you. He looked at her, and something changed in his expression. "I was going to show y/n to her locker and first class if you don't mind," he said to Mads, and started walking you towards the front doors again.

"We need to talk!" she yelled after him. "I have a spare this morning and I know you do too Jaden! I'll be waiting by your locker." Jaden rolled his eyes and we walked into the school.

"What's up with you and her?" you ask. "Wait, nevermind, that was rude. You don't have to answer," you say, not wanting to invade his privacy. You only just met.

"No no it's fine. Me and her were dating since grade 9, but at the end of last year, she broke it off, saying how we weren't right for eachother. My guess is she wants to apologize and get back together.

"Do you want to get back together with her?" you ask him. Please say no. Please say no, you think to yourself.

"No," he said. "Your locker is right over here," he said, changing the subject. You look to where he was pointing and opened the grey metal door. You put your locker shelf from Staples into it, put your binders and some loose leaf on the shelf, and closed the door.

"Alright, let's get you to your fist class," he said, smiling, but he seemed preoccupied somehow.

"Let's go," you said smiling, hoping that you and him would become close friends. He was nice, unlike most boys you knew. He led you through the halls to your first class.