chapter six

(A.N) Hey guys, thank you for reading my story! I accept criticism, btw, so comment if you're liking the story so far and if you have some suggestions! Also, remember to vote if you're liking it! Anyways, on with the story...

As Thomas found his way back to his sleeping place through the stampede of boys going to breakfast, he met Chuck. Well, Chuck found him. The kid seemed to find him anywhere, anytime. "Good morning!" Chuck said cheerily. The kid also seemed to be in a good mood 24/7. "Morning, dude," Thomas yawned, trying not to sound too sleepy. What would Chuck think if he found out he was with Newt the whole night instead of with him?

Chuck, however, didn't seem like he noticed as he chatted on about how everyone has jobs here, so Thomas would have to find one he liked. He wasn't exactly excited about that, but he would see what he could do.

As the pair stood in line, empty trays in hand, Chuck started talking about which jobs he liked the best. Thomas was half-listening as he looked around the place, looking for someone. He finally caught a flash of blond and saw Newt sitting with Minho and Alby, like last night. 

Unlike last night, Thomas decided he would sit with Chuck today. He wanted to know the kid. Once it was their turn in the line, and Frypan slopped a few pancakes and some pieces of bacon on Thomas's tray and gestured for him to move. He walked with Chuck to a table with a few boys there, who were playing a game with a burnt piece of bacon and their fingers. But as they were passing by through the tables, Thomas heard a voice calling his name. He turned, trying to find who it was in the sea of boys. He stopped when he saw jet black hair. Minho. He was gesturing for Thomas to come over with one hand in the air. Thomas was conflicted. Chuck was a little ahead, making his way to that table. Thomas called for him. "Hey, Chuck! I'm gonna go over there!" He pointed to the table. Chuck nodded to show he understood, so that left Thomas to walk over there. Thomas felt guilty about leaving Chuck again, but he figured he would understand. He saw Alby say bye to Minho and Newt, then walk to the Homestead. 

Thomas reached the bench, and took his spot, but this time next to Minho. Newt looked up at him as he sat down. "What's up greenie?"