Chapter Twenty

It's been two days and Devon hasn't come back and nothing from Steve or Eric or the rest of the guys and I am starting to freak out. I've taken stock of the food in this cabin and there's enough for another week and that is it.

I've cleaned a bit, not much really do to around this place. I made sure his bed was made and not touched, I really didn't want to lay in it and Devon walked in the door while I was asleep, that wouldn't be good.

I decided to lay down and rest, I figured I should keep that up in case I needed it, you never know when a burst of energy will come in handy. Laying there I started to recall every moment with Steve, and I so desperately wanted to be in his arms.

I missed the way he felt, his smell, he smelled of pine and vanilla. It was always a warm scent, a comforting one to me. I cried myself to sleep. I woke up to a banging on the door.

"Sarah you in here?" I heard a frantic voice, it was Steve. I jumped up and ran to the door, "Steve? Is that you?" I cried out, oh I hope fate wasn't playing a joke on me and I was imagining it.

"Baby, oh thank god you in here, stand back, Eric if going to break down the door" he called out. I went to the bed and sat down, trying to get far enough away from the door.

The door splintered and broke open, I stood up and Steve rushed in, followed by Eric and Todd and Dirk. They all stopped when they saw the sight of me, I forgot that my one eye was still swollen shut and the bruises were darker this time all over my body and the bite marks.

Steve rushed over and wrapped me in his arms and cried. "I am so sorry baby, the tracker was going in and out, a lot of interference, I am so sorry it took so long" he sobbed while holding me.

I wrapped my arms around him, for fear that this was a dream and wanted to hold onto him for as long as I could. I cried; I couldn't stop. Letting everything out, all the fear, the pain and anger was washing away with every tear.

Looking up at Steve, "Can we go home? I don't want to be here any longer" I said in between the hiccups from crying. "Of course, baby," he said and wrapped his arm around me as he helped me to the car.

Once home, Eric checked me over, making sure there were no internal injuries that he could tell without going to the hospital. "You know Sarah, you are pregnant?" he asked me.

"I know, that was the only thing that kept me going was thinking about Steve and our baby" I whispered to him. "How did you manage to survive this long?" he asked me.

"I was only alone for two days, wasn't it just two days?" I asked curiously now. "Sarah, you have been gone for almost two weeks dear, Devon was picked up in town when he was talking to another girl, it was like he wanted to get caught.

All he kept saying was, she will always be mine even in death" Eric told me. I sat there, and it dawned on me, Devon left me there to die. A slow painful death. Knowing that I couldn't contain it any longer.

I sunk down to the floor and cried. Eric held me for a bit, I hung onto him and let it all out. I screamed and sobbed until I couldn't anymore when nothing else was coming out of me.

"Where's Steve?" I asked while wiping away my tears. "I'm here baby, I've always been here. I was just letting Eric take care of you for the time being so you could let everything out and not worry about anything else" he said as he sat beside me.

Eric stood up and walked out of the bedroom, closing the door quietly. Steve wrapped his arms around me, and I put my nose into the crook of his neck and inhaled deeply.

"I have missed you scent, and Steve one thing sweetheart, I'm pregnant with your baby" I told him, looking into his eyes. He smiled, "I had a feeling when you weren't feeling good, you missed your last period and so I was waiting for you to figure it out baby" he said as he went to kiss me but stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked with fear starting to creep back into my mind from before when he left me.

"I wasn't sure you were wanting to be kissed after everything that when on, trust me I want to feel your lips so bad on" was all I let him say. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him to me.

I crashed my lips against his, letting the need to feel him on me to try and erase all the bad stuff from my mind. Steve wrapped his arms around me and picked me up to sit on his lap.

We sat there for a while just kissing and holding each other, no words were needed but just the action of being together, both making sure that this was real. It was going to take time to heal, for both of us.

But I knew being together would definitely be able to.