Chapter 2: Arrival

Raku's P.O.V.

"Ow, Chitoge, why'd you hit me so hard on the head?" I ask Chitoge as we walk toward a car parked out front.

"'Cuz you were being a jerk," Chitoge huffs.

"I was complimenting you. Jeez."

"Stop looking at me, you perv," she responds, angrily.

She's impossible. She's insane!  I quickly look away from Chitoge before she accuses me of something else.

"So where are we going?" I ask, avoiding Chitoge's gaze. "You at least owe me this."

"I'll tell you in the car..." she mutters.

"Oh, okay."

It appears that the car is right in front of us and it is not in fact a car, but limo. The windows are all tinted black. What kind of fancy event are we going to?

Someone get's out of the driver's side and goes around to open the passenger's door. It's Claude. That's right. I haven't introduced you to Claude. Claude is a Beehive gang member. Beehive is the name of the gang Chitoge's father is the head of. Claude or Old Four Eyes as I call him, hates me. I mean he honestly hates my guts. He's one of the few people I know who don't believe Chitoge and I are not really dating, which we aren't, but that's besides the point. He is really overprotective over Chitoge (much like Tsugumi) and always finds ways to threaten me (usually with a gun!) or try to trip me up into admitting I'm not actually dating Chitoge. 

"Mistress," Claude says to Chitoge, while holding the door open for her. Chitoge gets in. Claude gives me the evil eye. I stare back at him blankly, hoping he doesn't notice any fear on my face. "Brat," he greets me.

Way to welcome someone. I get into the limo quickly. He slams the door right after me, almost squashing my fingers in between the door. Claude goes back into the driver's seat. From the front, he turns his head back and starts talking, presumably to Chitoge and me.

"Mistress, are you sure you want to invite this yakuza scum to the celebration?" he asks Chitoge.

Can't say that "yakuza scum" doesn't hurt.

"Yes," she sighs. "Darling is to come to the event. It was her idea after all."

"I see," Claude replies. "Very well," he says, reluctantly. 

He gives me one last stare of disgust and hatred before turning to face the road. He begins to drive. A divider between the driver and passengers rises up from who knows where. At least, now, Claude can't stare at me and hopefully not hear me. I'll feel safer that way.

"So, you mind telling me where we're going now?" I ask Chitoge.

She seems to be blankly staring out the window. Maybe she's daydreaming.

"What? Huh?" She says to me. "Oh, that. Uh, sure. We're going to a banquet hall."

"So early in the morning?"

"Well, sure, that's the way she wants it so that's the way she'll get it."

"Who's 'she'?" Chitoge's vagueness is getting to me. Just tell me everything already!

"My mom. She's back in town and she insisted we hold some sort of celebration. I invited the others, so we'll probably see them once we get there."

My mind flashes back to the first time I meant Chitoge's mom. Her name's Hana Kirisaki. 'Madam Flower' as some of the Beehive gang members call her. She had come to visit Chitoge and Mr Kirisaki for Christmas. Within the first few moments that I met her, being announced as Chitoge's boyfriend, she declared I would be her secretary until Christmas. Apparently, one of her secretary's passed out after 70 hours straight of work! Chitoge's mom is a total workaholic and she's super scary! She worked me to the bone when I worked for her. She and Chitoge completely misunderstood each other and that lead to a bunch of complications, but in the end, they got to spend Christmas Eve together, just like how family should.