𝟐 ⋆ 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ⋆

🎶

🎶

"I'm getting hungry" Julie mumbles as I turn around in her chair "Come with me to get food"

I simply nod and the two of us walk downstairs, leaving a focused Alexa on the bed staring at her homework. Both of us jump out of fright when we catch Luke standing in front of the fridge.

"I'm never gonna get used to that" She groans and stands behind him as he stares at the contents inside "Do you guys even eat?"

I watch him shake his head while I make my way to sit on the counter.

"I just wanna see what you got"

Julie closes the fridge door through Luke, who turns around with a frown.

"Hey! You know how long it took to open that?"

He follows after Julie as she gets the stuff to make a sandwich.

"Sorry, I don't believe in wasting power"

"Good" Luke smiles "'Cause that's exactly what I want to talk to you about"

"Our power usage?"

"No, the power that you have"

I chuckle when I see their faces, Luke looks like he turned on his sassy mode and Julie is simply staring at him like he's boring her.

Is this what Julie has to witness everytime Alexa and I get into a fight?

"Your voice and your piano playing! Dude you're like a human wrecking ball!"

"Is this a pep talk?"

For a few seconds, he stares at her with his mouth agape.

"What I'm saying is that you have the power to move people. To knock them off their feet"

"He's right" I agreed and Julie turns to give me a glare

"Thank you" He smiles at me "And there is no way your teachers wouldn't let you back into school if they heard you playing like that"

Julie goes back to making her sandwich "I asked her and she said I have to wait until next semester"

"That was your first mistake" Luke looks disgusted "Asking" I agree, nodding my head as he lifts himself onto the counter to sit next to me "Sunset Curve booked gigs by doing. We went into ambush mode, we played in front of clubs, we played in back of clubs, we even played book clubs"

I look at him "Book clubs?"

He looks at me, shrugging "Yeah, we didn't get many gigs out of that one but they did have some pretty gnarly snacks" He turns back to Julie "I'm just saying: Don't ask for permission"

Julie doesn't react and he frowns. I watch, amused, as he swings his legs to get her attention back.

"Swing that wrecking ball of talent of yours at your teachers head and smash those stupid rules right out of their brains!"