broken

it had been days, buck refused to get out of bed. his alarms for work wouldn't go off because his phone was off. he hadn't shown up for any of his shifts or talked to anyone since the incident. he threw the covers off of his head because he was starting to get a headache due to his awful smell. he decided to turn he phone on and see what time it was, but when he did he was bombarded with missed text messages, phone calls, facetimes, and messages from any other platform you could think of. he groaned and opened up his sisters messages first and skimmed over them and just replied telling her he was fine, just sleeping. he did that with everyone else, until he got to eddies name. 

diaz : buck i am so incredibly sorry, please answer me so we can talk

diaz : evan please i need to know you're okay, answer me even if its just to tell me you're alright 

diaz : hey you didnt show up for shift today i need to know if you're okay 

diaz : buck if you dont answer me or anyone else soon the team is gonna have to bust into your house

diaz : how can i apologize and make it up to you im so so so sorry i care about you so much

diaz : i miss seeing you at work and messing with the team :(  we are all worried, but im definitely more worried than they are 

buck read these and just rolled his eyes and threw his fist onto his bed letting out a loud scream. 

"FUCK YOU EDDIE DIAZ YOU BROKE MY HEART" he yelled out and sobs escaped his mouth.

the heartbroken boy was now sitting on his floor crying his heart out. he looked up to his dresser and was met with a framed picture of him and eddie that eddie got for him as a christmas gift. he got up and grabbed the frame and looked down at the picture as a teardrop fell right onto the picture. buck took it and threw it at the wall with all of his power. the glass shattered and hit the ground along with the frame, he left it there and just walked into his bathroom crying to go shower. his apartment was an absolute mess, clothes were everywhere, even though he hasn't changed since that night, and the glass of the frame was everywhere, dishes were overflowed in the sink from days before, he has hardly eaten since he left eddies. he has hardly gotten out of bed and it was still a mess. every time he got out of bed something reminded him of eddie, and he would trash it. 

the 118 station: 

"guys i just got a text from buck!" hen said jumping up and running up to the kitchen 

"wait, i did too" chim said when she got upstairs

everyone else was getting a text from buck, even if it was the same one they were happy to know he was okay. eddie looked down at his phone to see if he had gotten anything, but all he got was left on read. 

"what's even going on with the poor guy, he wasn't even like this when abby left, he wanted to come to work," hen said looking around for an answer

"beats me all i know is whatever happened must have destroyed him, we won't be getting the buck we know back for a long time" chim said to hen

"has anyone been to his apartment?" bobby asks 

"we all knocked and waited for a while everyday these past few weeks, even maddie, we got nothing" hen replied to the captain 

"once shift ends we all need to go and get something to knock that damn door down." bobby says

"uh hey cap i dont think i can go" eddie spoke up 

"eddie this is a team member, and buck, your best friend, you're going" bobby said and everyone was now looking at eddie with confused faces

"let me correct myself, i shouldn't go, at least if you guys want him to answer."  he said to the people all looking at him

"why wouldn't he answer for you, hes in love with you eddie" chim says

"BECAUSE IM THE REASON WHY HES LIKE THIS OKAY" he screams out and throws his head in his hands crying

everyone ran over to the man and all looked at each other in confusion. eddie got himself under control and looked up at everyone. he started to explain what had happened, but not giving any major details because he didn't find it right to say that they had kissed if buck wasn't ready for them to know. he explained as best as he could without saying anything to out buck, and then looked at everyone and sighed. 

"guys i really fucked up i lost my best friend and he hates me and look what i did to him," he says throwing his head back crying softly. 

"eddie you're coming with us to talk to him, you two need to work this out and we all need him back here," bobby says sitting down across from him

"he needs you eddie you guys just need to talk and we dont want to see you fall into the whole either because of your guilt," hen says putting her hand on his shoulder. 

the team helped to calm down eddie and then realized their shift was over. they all headed to their cars and made it to bucks apartment. hen lead them all up to his door and looked at eddie to make sure he was ready. she knocked on the door softly and called out for him. 

bucks apartment: 

"buck? hey its hen i wanted to come check on you." buck heard her voice as he was getting dressed back into the same clothes hes been wearing. 

he just finished getting dressed and went back to his bed throwing the comforter over his head. he hears some noise but just lets it go thinking it was hen leaving. on the other side of the door they were picking the lock and slowly made their way in. the team just looked around at the mess and then made their way upstairs. eddie made his way up with them and felt his heart drop when he saw the broken glass and the frame on the ground. his eyes began to tear up and he looked around seeing the mess upstairs. he frowned to himself and began to hate himself even more, which he didn't think was possible. 

"buck?" hen said in a soft voice

buck jumped out of his skin at the sound of a voice and struggled to get the covers off. when he did he sighed in relief seeing it was hen. eddie had a small smile on his fave watching as buck got scared but realized it was for nothing. buck was relived to see hen and looked around to see the rest of the team, he gave them all a soft smile, until his eyes met eddies. his small smile fell and his heart dropped to his feet. he tried his hardest not to cry at the sight 

"what is he doing here," buck choked out 

"buck i know you're upset, but you two need to talk, you haven't showed up for work in weeks and you're living like a mess. everyone wants their buck back," hen says sitting down next to him resting her hand on his shoulder. 

he sighed and looked at hen sensing the worry in her and looked around at everyone else, besides eddie, and looked down. 

"fine, i'll talk to him, but i dont want anyone else around," buck said still looking at his feet 

the team started to make their way out of the room, then out of the apartment leaving the two alone. 

"c-can i sit down?" eddie says softly walking over to buck

"yeah i guess" he replies back with no emotion

eddie makes it to the bed and sits down, he turns to buck and their eyes meet for the first time in weeks. he feels the sadness he caused on buck and frowns. 

"lets talk,"