Chapter 28- I Hate Arguing With Him

It's been two weeks, and nothing has happened with Harry, but I'm still convinced that it's Malfoy. I mean, he ran out of lesson so fast and he could have put a spell on Harry to forget what happened. He's always around when something's going on.

It's Friday 31st March and there's a Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff match, so everyone has left to watch it, but I'm behind on work, so I decide to finish them whilst I have no distractions. As I'm writing an essay for potions, I hear a knock on the door.

"Hermione? Is that you?" I ask and I get no response. I head for the door and twist the doorknob, and pull it towards me, to see Malfoys face standing there. It makes me jump slightly, and I go to shut the door, but he is stronger than me, and pushes it open, and lays on my bed like he did that time when we had that date.

"Get out Malfoy! I don't want you in here" I demand, and he looks under the pillow.

"No more letters. I see you've learnt from your mistakes." He leans his back against the headboard and lets out a deep breath.

"Why are you here anyway? To find more things to have a go at me about? Because I can't be arsed for all of this now!"

"I'm here to formally apologise to you."

"Weird."

"Do you expect my apology?"

"You haven't even said sorry."

"Ugh fine. I'm sorry" he says the ending quite fast.

"I appreciate that Malfoy, but I'm not happy about something else now."

He rolls his eyes "What have I done this time?"

"You're lying to me. I know you are doing this to Harry."

His voice raises "Are you really still doing this? I don't get why you can't just accept the fact that I didn't do anything to him. Okay yeah, I hate his guts, but just because I hate him doesn't mean I'm trying to kill him. I don't know why you think I'd do such a thing!"

"You say that, but I see you at the crime scene every time. If it this you Malfoy, just admit it because I can't be bothered to play games."

"Okay I'll admit to you that... I think you're a stupid fucking bitch who is now just stereotyping me just because I'm in Slytherin."

"You're just putting words in my mouth. I never said any of that. That's just you trying to dodge the fact that I know that you've done it."

Malfoy gets up in rage "You know what. Fuck this. I don't have time for you and your stupid assumptions. Just leave me the fuck alone and stay out of my business. I can't believe you Carter. I really thought you'd be someone who'd listen to me and believe me, but I guess you're just like the rest of them. Foolish."

He leaves the room by slamming the door behind him. Tears stream down my face. He's right once again. I am just assuming things. He isn't doing anything wrong. I sit back down at my desk and place my head on my work and let out loud cries. I hate arguing with him. It makes me feel like shit every time, but he just makes me want to shout at him all the time. I try to carry on with my essay but I can't as my hand is literally shaking, as I'm so hysterical. Little droplets of water fall on my page, making the ink smudge a bit. I can't do this.

I head out the room and Dean walks through the door, alone. I run up to him and give him a massive hug. I need this right now. He lets me snuggle into him, making me feel so much better. I wish I could hug him forever because he makes me feel like everything is okay again. We let go and he sees the tears in my eyes. We take a seat on the sofa and I tell him what happened.

"Jessa, you shouldn't speak to him for a while. You need a break from him. As hard as that might sound, he's bad news and you don't need that negativity in your life. He makes you feel terrible every time you see him and that's not healthy. You either need to take a break and then talk things through with him or try and move on from him because this is toxic, and I know you know that."

I nod and wipe away the tears. "I'll take a break. I don't want to lose Malfoy. I know you probably think that's a stupid decision, but I really like him and when we're not in an argument, we have such a good time together. I know that if I moved on, I wouldn't have real feelings for that guy as my feelings would still be with Malfoy. I've tried before, with Cedric and Nick, and I've seen that it doesn't work. Malfoy and I will one day work, we're just going through a rough patch."

"I understand. I don't think you're stupid, I think that everything you're saying is making sense, but you need to realise that if you are already having problems before you date, then what's it going to be like when you are dating? But it's totally up to you though and I can't change your mind and also I'm not you, so I don't really know how it feels, however, just please be careful because I know I've only known you properly for less than a year, I care about you and I don't want to see you heartbroken so just remember that please."

"Thank you, Dean. You really make me feel better and I extremely appreciate that you're here for me, and I'm always here for you, and I care for you just as much. I will try to stop arguments between me and Malfoy, I mean it's always me who starts it, so I can prevent it by not getting mad. Thanks again Dean."

I give him and hug and everyone comes in with smiles on their faces. Gryffindor won so we have a mini celebration in the common room. We have so much fun and I try to forget about Malfoy, but I can't. I don't let it get to me as I don't want anyone to ask what's wrong because no one knows, but Dean. I hope things between Malfoy and I get sorted out soon. I miss being in his arms.