Happy Birthday Gaara

After months of secretly planning; the fateful day has come. One this day; is the day of the jinchuuriki of Sunagakure birth. Gaara of the Desert. This is the day that the young Suna ninja was never too fond of. Ever since his birth; his life was never a happy one. Full of sadness and pain. That is until not long ago when he traveled to the village of Konoha. There he met and battled a young man. Thanks to this boy from Konoha; Gaara's eye began to open and he began to see the world in a new light. Thanks to this boy and thanks to a whom he befriended after his encounter with the boy. This girl also came from Konoha; however, she was not born from the village. An outsider. And yet she showed great care and love for the people of a new land she did not know. It was this kindness that sparked this friendship between Gaara and this girl. Her name is Mizu, Mizu Kouyama. It's this girl who is responsible for today's festivities. When Mizu heard of her friend's birthday; she wanted more than anything to give her friend to enjoy his birthday. Just like her and her friends. So with the assistance of the older sibling of the birthday boy, Temari, and Kankuro. They planned a small and simple gathering of those that care for the young man just as much as them. The guest consists of the older siblings, Mizu, their sensei, two members from Suna's regular forces, and Gaara's only student. When Gaara arrives at his party he's so surprised to find a room full of people who have come to wish him a happy birthday. Though he didn't show it as much as he was capable. He was happy to learn that he wasn't alone. And that there are people who were happy that he was born.

As the party came to an end and all the guests said their goodbyes. Young Gaara sits silently on the outskirts of his village, not too far from his home. In this moment of solitude, he basks in the warm and comforting thoughts left by the party. His heart warmed as he could feel the care and love that each person in the room felt towards him. Gaara still couldn't believe that there are people within his village that genuinely care for him. Despite the terror that he once brought long ago to the people of his home. Now the desire to change his ways and repair the damage he's done. He's thrilled to know that some people have seen this and are beginning to accept him. This gives him the courage to continue to move forward towards his goals. Coming onto the scene is the one who planned the party and a friend to the birthday boy, Mizu.

After helping the older sibling clean what remains of their small part; Mizu goes in search of her dear friend. She had a special birthday gift that she has yet to give him. However with her mind focused on party planning; she did not have the time to properly present the gift to him, along with the others. So she looks for him at one of the few places she's come to know where he will be. She finds him standing by himself staring out into his desert homeland. She approached him softly, not wanting to disturb his moment of peace.

Mizu- "Hey birthday boy." She says softly, catching her friend's attention. Hearing his name; he turns and sees his oceanic eyed friend.

Gaara- "Hello Mizu." He said greeting his friend.

Mizu- "May I join you?" She asks softly.

Gaara- "Of course." He says with a nod of his head.

Mizu stands beside her friend as they gaze out into the ocean of sand. The peaceful scene fills her heart with tranquility and serien. She takes a deep breath; taking the scent that the desert carries. A fragrance that is so different from her adopted home in Konoha.

Mizu- "Such a beautiful sight." She says softly as she sits on the ground beside her friend.

Gaara- "Indeed." He said just as softly as she did. Mizu noticed this change in his usual tone. This can only mean that he must have enjoyed the small party that she and his siblings put together. Wanting to see if this is true she asks him a question.

Mizu- "So; how did you like your party?" She asks softly.

Gaara- "To be honest; I enjoyed it very much." He said truthfully. "I will be honest; I truly wasn't expecting anything like that. I never really had any good reason to celebrate my birth." He said softly; thinking about his past. "I never would have imagined that people would actually come, but they did. And I still can't believe it." He said surprised. "Despite what I've done in the past," he said.