Chapter 1

My hands roamed my entire desk as I began searching for my phone that was buried by layers of junk papers. I jerked all the papers away, some of them were crumpled but I didn't mind. They were junk papers anyway. I groaned in vexation and desperation as my hands keep searching for my phone.

"Where the hell is it?!" I complained to myself even though I knew that was not going to help at all. Not long, I heard a loud thud. I looked down and found my phone laying helpless on the brown wooden floor, I gasped and reached down to take it. I flopped myself on to my bed.

"Hazel! Hazel!" Jazz, my annoying seven years old little brother, broke in without any warning.

"What?" I groaned lazily before sitting up.

"I'm hungry! Make me some foooood!" He whined, rubbing his stomach childishly which was cute but annoying at the same time.

"Go get your food yourself." I shrugged lightly before laying back.

"I can't cook! And you never let me call the pizza delivery!" He remarked. I giggled and ruffled his curly brown locks.

"Alright, alright. I'll make you some wings, alright?" I said before dragging my heavy legs towards the kitchen with Jazz following behind me. I told him to sit behind the kitchen island and he obeyed. He could be such a nice boy when he's hungry.

"Stop whining or I'll eat all the wings." I teased him. He nodded and pretended to zip his mouth and threw the key away. I smiled down at him and started frying.

"Here you go." I served the wings right in front of him. He clapped his hand together before taking a deep breath, savoring the smell.

"This smells so good!" He complimented my food, earning a smile from me. After a couple more compliments, he devoured the food.

"Dad! Dinners ready!" I informed my dad, which I was sure he was downstairs. Since my mom had died, my dad had to take two works to support the family. I sighed sadly at the thought and fixed my vision towards the hungry Jazz. At least I still have them, they meant so much to me.

~#~
I scooted down the school hallway, finding my locker. I glanced down at my phone, unaware of what was ahead of me. I giggled at something Elle had texted me before bumping into someone's rock, hard chest.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't loo.." I trailed off as I glanced up. I gasped at the guy whom I had just bumped into.

Austin Waters.

He rose one of his eyebrow, waiting for me to speak. "So?" He finally said.

"Excuse me, what?" I dumbly responded. He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his palm.

"You were about to apologize." He reminded me.

My surprised features turned into a frown. Okay, maybe it was true that I was the one who had bumped into him but it wasn't entirely my fault! He was glancing down at his phone too!

"I already did." I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"No you haven't." He remarked.

"I did!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, Hazel!" Elle greeted from behind. I gave her a panicked smile and she glanced up. Her eyes widen as soon as she realized who it was.

"Look, Harry or whatever your name is. I need you to apologize." He stated, completely uninterested.

"It's Hazel." I gritted through my teeth.

"Does it look like I care?" He rolled his eyes.

"No, but that's just extremely rude." I replied.