~Chapter 3: Lunch Time~

It was lunchtime. Today was a friends day for me and Kris, which is a day where we both split off and go sit with our friends for lunch. I of course sat with my two best California friends Jim and Mike. We sat for a few minutes, we talked about video games, sports, how the Seahawks were some how 5-0 and the Niners were 2-3. Everything was fine. Until I finally glanced up to look for my girlfriend. I looked around for a bit until someone caught my eye. It was Zach. He was sitting all alone by himself. I didn't know what to think of it. As long as Kristina was no where near him, I was fine.

That was until I looked at Kris' normal table of girlfriends to notice that she wasn't sitting there. 

I was confused. I looked back at Zach's table, and to my horror, there Kris was sitting right next to him giggling, laughing, and having a great time. I immediately had a flashback of the nightmare I had the night before. I started to believe that without a doubt, Zach was the guy Kris was with. I started to hyperventilate. I couldn't stop breathing in and out heavily. The guys noticed and they tried to snap me out of it. "Dude? you okay?" Jim asked. "Yeah dude, you look like you've seen a ghost!" Mike added. I looked back at them, my mouth half open, and looking like, well, I've seen a ghost. "Guys." I said, "I think Zach is going to steal Kris." they both started to laugh. "You kidding me? Dude she loves the hell out of you. She'd never leave you." Mike said. "Yeah dude. Every time we all hang out, you and her look like soulmates. As if God created both of you for each other." Jim added. Mike then went on to ramble about his terrible love life, and how he had no one. Jim comforted him, and while he did so I then thought of all the times we both had together. Especially that one particular time we went to the County fair.

Kris was so cute that day. It was July of this year. We were at the county fair, and she wanted to do nearly everything. She always said "Babe! Let's do this!" or "Babe! Let's do that!" I was given only $20. But I knew something like this would happen, so I snuck an extra $50 out of my wallet. One of our favorite memories of that day though, was probably when Kris won this ginormous teddy bear. Her and I kept flipping out and celebrating. Me, being the supportive boyfriend I am, cheered her on. Even when she lost, I still cheered her on. The all time highlight of that night though, was the Ferris Wheel. Her and I were waiting for this moment the entire night. Me, always putting a mint in my mouth every hour, and her, always re-doing her lipstick every hour. It was 8:45 PM. We boarded the Ferris wheel, and it wasn't long before we reached the top. The view was tremendous. We could see bright, colorful lights shine all over the area, with kids running around and chasing each other, while the adults try to catch them. But what was really eye capturing, was the Moon. It was a full moon, and it was big and bright in the night sky. I looked at Kris, just to find that she was already staring at me, waiting for the moment we've been waiting for the entire night. I smiled at her, she smiled back. Our eyes were locked, we could see everything in them. For me, my future. Our wedding, us caring for our first kid, everything. Her, most likely the same thing. We started closing in on each other, our eyes closed, and our lips touched. They stayed touching for a good 5 seconds, before we separated for air, and then touched our lips again. We repeated this cycle for a good minute. Before the Ferris wheel started going back down. When we separated for the last time, we both looked at each other and just stared into each others eyes for a while. We did this until we got near the bottom. That's when Kris broke the silence and said, "You're the best thing that could've happened to me." I felt myself blush, and then I said, "You're my one and only. My ray of sunshine. Everyday, I thank the lord himself for blessing me with one of his very angels. I do not deserve you." She started to smile. It was that damn smile though, that made me smile. I smiled back, and said "I love you babe." she replied with a "I love you more." I payed the man controlling the ride for 5 more rotations. We just sat there, until all of a sudden, Kris put her head on my shoulder. I put my arms over her, and I enjoyed the ride. This is where I knew this is the woman I was gonna marry. We are still 14, but I knew we'll stay together forever. Now though, I'm not sure If I'm still confident about this.

"DUDE! Snap out of it!" Jim said. I caught myself staring outside. It was 12:45 when I started to flashback, it is now 1:00. "What happened guys?" I asked. "You blanked out on us out of nowhere!" Mike responded, and Jim gave a nod of agreement. "Ah." I said. "I'm sorry y'all. I was just thinking about her." Jim looked at me and said, "Everything is going to be alright dude. I promise. You and Kris are gonna last a lifetime." Mike nodded in agreement. 

The lunch bell then rang and signaled that it was time to go to 5th period. I gathered my stuff, and ran out the door. I was going to talk to her, but then I saw her with Zach. Once again, laughing, having a great time. I wanted to intervene, but I didn't want to possibly embarrass her. So I just let it go. The thoughts were coming back, and that nightmare was replaying in my head. Was this really happening? I couldn't bear to acknowledge this, so I didn't. I once again, wiped it off my shoulders. The sadness though, was growing. I was basically nothing feelings wise without that girl. She is truly my everything in every which way. I lose my everything, then what's the point of anything? I felt the need to confront her about this again. But I couldn't save it for later. I needed closure now. I ran up to Zach and Kris. "Hey babe!" I said with a hint of fake happiness in my voice. "Oh, hey." She said looking away from Zach for one moment. It was right there and then I knew our relationship was almost dead. Every time I said "Hey" or "Hi" to her, she would always freak out and go, "Hey babe!!! I missed you so much!!!" She would then give me a nice warm bear hug. A hug unlike any other. She would even do this around her friends. Guys and girls. But not this boy. This boy, at this moment, was more important to her than her own boyfriend. This thought made my heart shatter. I walked back to my friends and started walking with my eyes pointed at her. She looked at the place where I was walking, and for one second, she looked around and then, she continued talking with Zach. Jim and Mike both put their hands on my shoulders. I thanked them for their support. I continued to walk to fifth period in a depressed state. 

From this moment, I knew, that the end, was near,

and it was coming faster and faster each day.