Chapter 2 - Nice name, i'm Jai Brooks

Lola's point of view:

It had been about 2 or 3 hours since i saw the boys outside. They quickly slipped my brain and i thought nothing of them really. My mum was cooking me up something to eat whilst i was unpacking my stuff upstairs. To be honest, i was in quite a good mood and thats not a common thing for me to say. I don't know why i was though and that just confused me a little bit.

----------------------------------------------------

"Lo, im going to find the nearest store, i need to buy some food we have nothing in, you coming with me or staying here?" my mum called up the stairs.

"ummm, no i think i'll stay here and finish unpacking my stuff" i said whilst tugging on a picture frame wedged in between my stuff inside a box.

"okay, you've been doing that for a while" she stated

"i know, didn't realise i had so many things" i replied whilst looking around my room at all the clutter.

"haha yes you do, i probably wont be any longer than 1 hour, i'll leave a key and lock the front door on my way out. Love you" she reassured me.

"love you too" i yelled as she closed the front door. 

I rubbed my eyes from how tired i was. I decided to go down stairs and get a glass of water since that was the only thing we had. I jogged down the stairs, i was just about to turn the corner into the kitchen as i noticed two tall silhouettes outside of my front door. 

I stopped and stared for about 3 seconds, waiting to see if they were going to knock, when finally they did. I hesitated at first but then i soon grabbed the key and unlocked the door.

i slowly peered my head around the door, hiding my body, since i was only wearing a white vest top and a pair of old sweatpants. They had disapeared around the corner.

"um, hello?" i mumbled as i stepped out onto the porch, peeking my head around the side of my house, only to see the boy i had been watching earlier crouched under my window. 

"can i help you?" i questioned him

"oh hey, nah im ok" he replied softly.

"so erm, what you doing under my window...?" i raised my left eyebrow in confusion. I tried not to come across as snobby or anything so i just played it cool.

"just um, chilling" he winked.

"oh, you're just chilling then are you? Okay i'll leave you to it" i gave him a small smile. I was about to turn around when he spoke up.

"wait!" he pleaded. I spun around to face him once again.

"yes, what?" i responded.

"whats your name, if you don't mind me asking?" he gave me a cheeky smile and waited for me to reply.

"Lola, Lola Moore" i felt my cheeks heat up a little, i mean, he wanted to know my name. I wasn't quite sure whether it was a good thing or a bad thing that he wanted my name, i had never been in that situation before then.

"Nice name, im Jai Brooks." he sweetly stated. He stood up straight and took a step closer to me.

His eyes were amazing, they were like a brownish hazel colour. It was a little awkward because we were just looking at one another. I felt my stomach doing back flips and i was blushing too. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"Wait, someone else was here with you i saw them through my door window.." I curiously stated.

"oh yeah, i forgot about him, Daniel, come here!" he yelled over his shoulder.

The same boy as i saw earlier outside with Jai came casually walking from behind the big palm tree on my lawn. He was giggling to himself as he strolled up my porch steps.

"Skip, this is Lola, Lola this is Daniel" he gestured. I gave him a nervous smile and gave him a little wave. 

"woah, wait is his name Skip or Daniel?" i asked as i gave a confused look.

"My name's Daniel, but people call me skip for a nickaname haha" he grinned and chuckled a little.

"Oh well that clears it up!" i approved. I really had to get back inside and finish up in my room but i didn't know how to say that in a polite way.

"Listen, um, i just moved here yesterday from England and i got a load of stuff i have to unpack upstairs. I'd love to stay and talk but i really got to get it finished.

"Oh yeah sure, no worries, we understand" Jai reassured as they backed up my drive way.

"Nice talking to you though Jai and Skip"  I emphasized the word Skip playfully.

"yeah you too, catch you around then huh?" Jai questioned

"yeah, sure. Bye" I smiled and waved as i turned around and walked into the house, i closed the door and finally made my way into the kitchen. 

I couldn't stop visualising Jai in my head. He was perfect, the hair, the eyes, the clothes, his everything! I took my iPhone out of my pocket and checked my phone to see that it was now 4:25pm. I was expecting my mum to be back anytime soon, but then again, we were new to the place and God knows how long it could have took her to find the food store. I took a glass out of the cupboard and filled it up with water, taking small sips. I made my way into the living room and sat down on the couch. My phone vibrated in my pocket so i took it out and looked at it, to see i had a facebook notification. I unlocked my phone and went on my facebook, it was a friend request, from Jai.

I hesitated whether to accept the request, i soon decided to accept it. So i did, i went on to his profile to see that he had like 5k+ friends and thousands of subscribers. I raised my eyebrows as i clicked on his pictures, i kept seeing the same 5 continuing faces. There was one boy who was the image of him except he has a lip ring and a little freckle on his nose. Its then when i realised he was a twin. I saw a link to his twitter, i quickly went on twitter and typed in his name, i then noticed he had 400k+ followers. I was so confused at the time.

"who is this boy?" i mumbled to myself as i checked out his tweets, the name 'Janoskians' appeared a lot so i decided to google it. It was only then i found that it was a group of 5 teenage youtube sensations who pull practical and hilarious pranks on strangers on the streets on Melbourne. And Jai and Daniel were apart of it.

"what the-" I was cut of by my mum coming through the door.

"Im home Lola!" She called out in a soft voice.

"oh hi mum, in here, i was just getting a glass of water. Did you get some stuff then?" I announced.

"Okay honey, yep i did, turns out there is a big food store about 10 minutes down the road which is handy" She stated.

"haha yes mum it is. I'm going to go and finish unpacking now" I said as i stood up and walked out the room. My mum nooded as a sign for me to go.

Running up the stairs, i walked into my room and closed the door softly behind me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hours had passed when i finally finished unpacking. I lay down on my bed and staired up at the ceiling. I consumed all my thoughts in my head. I was thinking about everything to be honest and i soon drifted into a deep sleep. 

I know that was not the best ending ever! I just wanted Jai and Lola to meet already and introduce you to Jai and Skip. Sorry that its quite short too! As i said, im still getting used to this whole writing thing, it's completely new to me! Thank you to everyone who reads, i really appreciate it! 

P.S next chapter will be up over the weekend!