𝐭𝐰𝐨

A week has passed since Mizuki's encounter with Chrollo who invited her to join their so-called Troupe. She had done research through the Hunter website using her very own hunter license. Mizuki had participated in the 282nd Hunter exam, primarily since she heard about the hunter website which contains valuable information. This hunter license proves to be useful to her to this day.

Mizuki learned that their Troupe, also called the Phantom Troupe, is a band of criminals who prioritizes stealing and theft. They had done heists such as robbing banks, mass-murder, and their most recent heist had been the one reported in the news a few weeks back, the underground auction that had been robbed.

Their Leader is Chrollo Lucilfer, the man whom she met a week ago. There were twelve more members, two of them had passed due to an enemy that sought revenge.

Mizuki knows if she desires to join the Phantom Troupe, she would have to risk her life for rivals like these.

There is limited information regarding the Troupe to which Mizuki reads through, giving herself a brief background of the band she was invited to. It took her the whole seven days to decide her final answer.

In the same alleyway, there Mizuki stands, waiting for the man who pursued her a week back. Perhaps she was too early, but that was the least of her worries.

"Too eager now, are we?" The voice of Chrollo Lucilfer is heard throughout the alleyway. Mizuki has to admit though, she was unable to hear his footsteps. If it wasn't for his heavy breathing, she would have been surprised. Her head snaps to the owner of the voice, seeing Chrollo in a similar outfit when she met him a week prior.

"Don't push your luck," She snaps, unable to hear the playful tone in his voice. "You're fortunate enough that I considered your offer," Mizuki adds, standing straight, her guard up high. Her gaze engraves themselves in his in an attempt to see through his facade if he did have one.

"I am pleased that you decided to hear out a powerless Nen user like myself," Chrollo responds, taking steps closer to get a better look at her face. Once again, the path they are in is dark, the only source of light that illuminated the pair is the moon, making Chrollo squint his gray eyes to see her green ones properly. "What do you say? Do you accept my proposition?"

Mizuki stays silent, already knowing what her answer is going to be. She also knows how Chrollo will react. She is highly confident in her skills. If this is a trap, she can easily kill those who are involved.

However, the only thought that nags her brain is her father.

He wants me to become strong, not get strength in relying on others.

No, I am doing this to gain more power.

This is what he wants, right?

I need more power.

A few moments is all it takes for Mizuki to have an internal battle with herself. Though her guard is still all the way up, she knows herself enough to know that she can easily be taken out if Chrollo had planned it flawlessly.

"Fine," Mizuki finally breaks the silence. "I'll join your Troupe." This response makes Chrollo smile. Not knowing what else to say, Mizuki observes Chrollo's grinning expression, doubting if the smirk plastered on his face is genuine.

"I haven't been exactly fully honest with you," Chrollo starts, Mizuki's eyes knot together in both question and sudden aggression. It is almost as if a lever flicked in her head, knowing he is playing some sort of game and Mizuki is simply a pawn.

If there is one thing that Mizuki hates when making deals is when the other person is dishonest. This sudden confession causes a rage of fury inside her and this doesn't come unnoticed to Chrollo.