Chapter 2: Over a Year and Broke

"Father, I can't-" "No, you can't just sneak out of the castle. Plus what's this dragon doing here?!?!" Why is Father always protective? He can't keep me inside the castle for 3 days again. Gonna show that beard-face a lesson soon.

"Go to your room, NOW! And leave that dragon away from me. Making me itch..." He yelled. "You can't make me, this dragon could do just about anything. You can't do the things it could do. Making your daugher do everything you want her to do, just wrong." I ran upstairs, slammed the door and went on my bed sitting sloppily. 

It seems I could understand what the dragon means now. I held it's paw and pet it's ears, "at least your better then Father. Just bossy." I looked out the window looking down. I saw Boston with red roses. "Please come down, Goldi!" He yelled out. I wrote a note and let it flow down.

I went back to my bed and grabbed something. "A note... odd." I read the note. It was something...horrible 

'Dear, grand-daughter. The war has gotten awful. About to die. Losing my strength and health. Can't help it. Feeling like i'm sick plus weak. Seems like I just need to rest for a bit from the war, 

sorry if you didn't get to meet me yet, sorry village... sorry grand-daughter. Sorry family that i'm letting you down---' A tear dropped on my cheek. 

The fire-dragon saw what happened. It cuddled to my arm.

"Looks like i'm gonna name you, Fireball. My first pet. Well, if it's okay to my father. Which will never be okay with him," I said holding the little baby dragon on my hands. 

"We need to visit Cori Island. Let's go, we'll bring the things we need to bring." I told Fireball.

"We'll walk there. Don't worry." I got a coat and made one for Fireball. 

"We have to sneak down there. Ride in my pocket. Oh, wait forgot my golden sword." I grabbed my sword and went to my window. "Come on in!" Fireball went in and I jumped down. Hopefully Boston wasn't there. 

"If we have danger I have a sword. No harm." I went on the golden bright horse and rid on it....

"Hurry, Ginger, hurry!" As I said that it got faster. Finally we were at Cori Island. "Okay, Fireball come out." I ordered him nicely. "C'mon, we could easily build a home here." I got wood sticks and cloth. 

                                                                   10 YEARS LATER 

"I see you've grown a bit. Okay a lot." I said with a chuckle. I petted his nose and hugged him. "I wonder what Father and Mother's reaction is," Yeah, I wondered.

"We've lived here for years. I think we should go back to the village, my dear." I really had grown over the years.

Fireball lead the way. At least I tought him how to fly. "Let's go, Fireball! Best pet ever," I said. It seems he keeps going faster and faster. 

Fireball put out some fireballs, on accident. Just made the villagers scared. "A DRAGON!" They shouted and screamed at. "GUARDS!!!!!!!" "The dragon also has the daughter of Stege's!" One of them shouted out.

"Don't hurt him! He's friendly! Please don't kill him!"