nine

AARON

if you were given one wish,what would it be?

most people give the same answers.
money,fame,cars.

i want stability.
i want a stable home to come back to after a long night of busting my ass on the court.

not some dull,minimalistic,bare house that has no personality or parental figure in sight.

why can't i have that.
i would rather have a good relationship with my parents and be a nobody than what i have now.

these are the types of things people take for granted.

money,yeah it's nice but what about it's value.
all this is nothing.

because one day,i'm gonna wake up and realize that i have nobody.
and it's gonna be too late.

i spent all day moping in bed.
i'm lonely mentally but physically,i'm as social as a highschool movie character.

this isn't what i want.
this isn't what i asked for but, he hat can you do.

it's not exactly my decision to make.

a knock on my door caused me to look in the direction of my large mahogany colored door.

martha's dark hair popped in before her whole body came through the door.

"mr and mrs.williams told me to come get you."
i sighed

"get out."
she nodded her head,venturing out of my room,closing the door behind her.

i allayed in my bed for a while longer before eventually moving my ass and walking down the stairs.

there they sat.
at the large table that was fit for twelve but could just barely hold three.

i sat down,looking at them waiting for a word.
"martha didn't clean my bathroom this morning,she's been slacking i think we need to-"

"martha won't clean your bathroom anymore,or any room for that matter."
my dad spoke,folding his hands on top of the table.

i shook my head,trying to find the right words.
"we'll isn't that against her job description,fire her."

he shook his head,rubbing his eyes as the frustration set in.
"we can't,it's against the law"

my eyes rolled to the back of my head and my mom spoke up.
"we can't fire her,but we hiring somebody else to be here when she can't."

she tucked her hair behind her ears continuing.
"martha's at the point in her pregnancy where she can only do so much,so from now on she will only be here a few days a week"

"well who's gonna make me my food and clean the house while you guys are gone?"

i'm genuinely confused.
why in the hell did i have to be involved in this conversation.

i'm not the one hiring them,just pick an old lady and keep it pushing, they all do the same thing.

"we hired somebody.young,hardworking,and they can cook.we think you'll like them."