Prologue

Thirst and hunger. The only two words spinning through your mind at every waking moment. What had happened? You didn't know. How did you end up in this situation? Not a clue. But you did know that you probably weren't getting out anytime soon. Not that you had a way to tell how much time had passed, though.

Your head drooped to the right as you sat against the back wall of the room, legs stretched out. You had been drifting in and out of consciousness every so often and you were unsure if you were really awake at this point, if this was really happening. The need to quench your undying thirst and the endless rumble in your stomach was real, but was this whole situation? Was this really happening? You had a sliver of hope that it wasn't but that tiny, almost not existent sliver was beginning to diminish.

Without moving your head, you looked around the room, which was the biggest movement you had made for hours. You saw the exact same thing as last time: all black. Black walls, black ceiling, black floor. There were no windows and no vents. The only exit was the door that was right across from you. It too was black, and there was a lock on it.

You thought back to when you first woke up in here. You had found yourself propped up in a corner completely naked. That was what you were least concerned about at the time, though. You couldn't remember who you were or your name. The only thing you could remember was the number '1789' and you had no idea what that even meant. After a brief panic attack, you started thinking of a way to get out. With throbbing feet from attempting to kick the metal door down, you searched the tiny room relentlessly for something to help you open the lock. The type of lock was ancient, but you knew exactly how to open it, and that scared you, but if it was going to help you get out, you didn't care. Of course, all of your efforts to get out of this hellhole were to no avail. After finally giving up, you propped yourself against the wall. What felt like a lifetime later, you were in the exact same position. You wondered why you sat in that position in the first place. All you saw was the door, and it was practically mocking you. It was torture.

You're eyelids getting heavy, you shut them slowly. Some sleep wouldn't be a bad idea, right? You'd been drifting in and out of consciousness the entire time you were there anyways so you thought that you might as well just sleep on your own accord. After all, there wasn't much else you could do other than stare through the tiny keyhole for any signs of human activity. You had already been staring through that keyhole for hours and you couldn't catch even the slightest of shadow or something so you just assumed that there was no one and there wasn't going to be anyone anytime soon

With your eyes closed, you thought about who you were. You didn't even know you're age. You weren't exactly sure what happened to your memories but you kind of figured that it had something to do with the person who locked you up in there. Clearly, you're brain was too dead at the moment for this type of thinking because you drifted into a deep sleep within minutes.

...EARLIER...

"Tell me where it is," The man had you pinned to the ground with a knife to your neck. Just moments earlier, the two of you were in a fist fight, proven by all the bruises and blood the two of you wore on your skin and clothing.

At this point, you knew there was no way you were getting out of this alive. Instead of arguing with the man, you ignored him. You looked past him at your surroundings. There was so many things going on all at once. People were running from explosions, civilians were being shot, pleas and cries of the innocent could be heard, buildings collapsing. Confusion was written over everyone's face.

"Oh, well. Nothing I can do about it. What's done is done."

"Don't ignore me!" He pressed the knife down on your neck ever so slightly, drawing a few drops of blood. "Tell me where it is!"

You spat in his face, "Never."

"Fine then. Have it your way," He raised the knife in the air, about to plunge it into your abdomen. Before he could do so, you kneed him in the batteries, causing him to loosen his grip on you and fall to the ground.

With great difficulty, you managed to stand up. You stumbled a bit, but regained your balance. Looking forward, you tried to re-locate the man but he was nowhere in sight. You took this as an opportunity to flee. Just as you turned around to bolt, you were greeted with a sharp pain in your stomach. Your eyes widened as you saw the man before you, his knife sticking out of you. For good measure, he twisted the knife, making sure it tore through as much flesh as possible.

"I'll see you in hell," He mumbled before letting go of the knife and walking off. His grip was the only thing keeping you upright so him letting go caused you to fall backwards.

Still too stunned to say word, you just laid there, waiting for the life to leave your eyes. The last thing that you heard were the screams of terror from all the people before your eyes shut for the last time.

...BACK TO THE NOW...

You were hoping you wouldn't wake up. You didn't want to. But of course, luck wasn't on your side. Opening your eyes, they were met by the same old door again. With nothing better to do, you looked through the keyhole again.

Except this time when you looked through it, you saw an eye staring back at you.

* * *

Hey everyone! This is a KH/FF reader insert AU for the little (or big) contest @Whyareall has going on. I got this idea from listening to Linkin Park's album 'A Thousand Suns' and I built a whole plot around it. I hope you enjoyed! Just a quick favor though: if you read it this, could you give a rate out of ten (10 being DA BEST, and 1 being poop), please? Thanks a bunch! Oh, and just as a side note, the part where it talks about what happened previously is not a flashback that [Name] is having, I'm just explaining to you, the reader, what had happened before. [Name] is still as clueless as ever XD

So what exactly happened between the fight with the mystery man and being locked up? And how is [Name] alive? How long has she been in there? So many questions XD Needless to say I'm so freaking pumped for this story. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: The song on the side is what inspired this. It doesn't have too much to do with the story but the general feel of the song I think is similar.