Chapter 22

Kyra woke to darkness. The room was unfamiliar but she could smell Jason's scent slightly. When she moved her hand there was a tug. Now she understood the pain she had felt, there was an IV in her hand. She couldn't hear any sounds. She sat up and looked around the room, confused as to why she couldn't see things clearly. None of her senses seemed to be working. Everything was dulled. She tried to call Aria but got no answer. Kyra could only feel her faintly. It was like a tingle in the back of her mind. She reached to turn on the lamp but with the IV, she came up short. Kyra knew she would have to sit up to reach it. She slowly moved herself into a sitting position. Waves of nausea and dizziness pouring over her as she did. Kyra leaned back against the headboard with her eyes closed, waiting for it to pass. Slowly she leaned over and switched on the lamp. Jason jumped up from his position on the floor and Kyra screamed, nearly falling off the bed. Jason grabbed her and helped her sit back up.

"It's okay babe. It's only me." He held her hand and put his other hand on her cheek, waiting for her racing heart to calm. She looked at him wide-eyed. She heard pounding feet coming down the hall and the door flew open. Mark and Christine came running in.

"What the hell happened? Why is she screaming?" Mark pushed Jason aside. Christine was glaring at Jason.

"She's okay. When she turned on the light, I jumped up. It startled her."

Mark turned to Kyra. "Baby tell me how you feel."

"Dizzy, nauseated and my senses are dull. Can I have something to drink?" Kyra sounded so weak.

"Of course honey. Jason could you get her some orange juice."

"I'll be right back." Jason practically ran from the room.

Christine moved to the bed to hug her daughter. She pushed strands of hair out of her face. "I have been so worried about you sweetheart."

"Mom?" Kyra was hesitant.

"What is it baby?"

"Have you heard from Kevin?"

A look passed between her parents. "Kyra honey, don't worry about that right now. You need to concentrate on getting better."

Mark sighed. "Kyra you need to forget about the Alpha for now. In order to get better you are going to need your mate. Jason has hardly left your side since you were brought home. You need to give him a chance to help you."

Kyra could not believe what she was hearing. She looked at her parents to see if this was some kind of joke. Their faces were solemn. "You can't be serious? He denied me and sent me away. If it wasn't for Kevin, I might not of survived. I want to go back to Boston!" Her father looked at her with a stern face.

"That's not possible. You have to stay on the IV until you are better."

"What's wrong with me?"

Mark hesitated. "When Alpha Gordon sedated you the dosage was not right. I've got you on on a medication to counteract it." Her mom had her mouth set in a grim line. Kyra knew that wasn't the whole story. Her mom always looked like that when she didn't agree with her dad. Kyra was going to get her mom alone to get the real story. "Have you been able to talk to Aria?"

Kyra shook her head. "I can faintly feel her. What's wrong with her?"

Mark wouldn't meet her eyes. "It was the sedative. It's made her weak. That is why it is so important that you listen to me. As the sedative leaves your system, Jason's wolf will call to her and help her come back."

"What about the bond dad? It was breaking and I was bonding with Kevin. I don't want Jason!"

He shook his head. "This is the only way. The medication alone won't bring her back." He took a deep breath and looked at his wife, before turning back to Kyra. "Your wolf could die Kyra and you would be human. Jason may have to mark you."