Drinking and Driving- Is it really worth it?

Hello Everyone

For those of you who are reading this i first of all want to say thank you. Some of you may know me from my work here on Wattpad, some of you may not know anything about me. If so that is fine, i just feel that this is something i should get across.

Last week a seventeen year old boy here in my town was killed by a drunk driver. He was driving home from work when his car was hit head on on the highway after it shot out from behind a semi and proceeded to side swip two other vehichles before hitting my friend head on, killing him almost instantly.

I knew this boy, he was sweet and kind and everyone loved him, his cousin is one of my best friends. But it is not only that, it is the outstanding support this boys family has received from our town. Today i attended his funeral. There was not even enough room in the church for all the people who atteneded, i realized then that almost everyone in the town new this young man in some shape or form, thats how loved he was. 

I cant even begin to express the amount of pain that has been caused because one person made the stupid choice of getting behind the wheel while under the influence. That is why i am writing this. I dont understand how people can continue to do this after how many deaths it has caused, MADD had been around for years. Children today are growing up being tought the results of driving under the influence. So why do it? I write this to pleade with all of you to please think before you get behind the wheel. Ask yourself, is it worth it?  Is it worth it to lose your life or take someone else's. That man survived the crash, now he has to live the rest of his life knowing that not only did he take a life but he forever ruined hundreds in some way and ruined his in every way. I am completely distrought with hurt and agony about this i honestly cant even put into words how much this upsets me. I just wanted to get my messaege across in any way i can and honor the life of this beautifal young man who was taken away from this world far to quikly. 

Please dont drink and drive, its not worth it. Call a cab, stay the night, doesnt matter if you get in trouble the next day your still alive and so is everyone else that may have been on the road with you.

I apolagize if there are any spelling mistakes in this piece, i honestly dont care, i just wanted to share my feelings about this horrible, horrible event.

Thank you everyone for reading this, it means the world to me and to the family of this wonderful person who we will always miss and never forget.

Thank you