Chapter Three

Alexa Frey

  When Edriel and I arrived at Central Park, we had no clue what to do. He and I sat on a black bench, thinking hard of what we could do, but nothing came to mind. Then he said something that made me feel stupid for not thinking. "Perhaps we sould try going back to the alley," Edriel proprosed.

   "I think that's a wonderful idea," I said in unison with a voice behind me. I jerked to discover a girl that looked familiar. "Deidra?" I was shocked. The flawless girl wore a lime green American Eagle® training suit, her silky blonde hair flowed softly behind her, and she kept a smile on her face that never faded. Her deep blue eyes could persuade even the strongest warrior. 

   Her smile widened into a grin. "Yes, it is I," she said. 

   I smirked at the snob. "What are you doing taking a jog on this cold, snowy day?"

   Deidra put her hands on her hips, and took her iPod® earphones out of her ears. "Trying to lose weight. I don't see anything wrong with you doing the same." She studied me, her facial expression revealed she didn't like me.

   Edriel joined in awkwardly, and said, "Well, Alexa and I best get going." He waved as politely as he could at her.

   "Wouldn't want to interrupt your day off," Deidra said in the most smart-allic tone she could say it in. Edriel and I then walked off, leaving her alone, hopefully back to her jog.

   "I hate that-" I began to say, but Edriel interrupted me.

   "Stay focused. We are going to go back to the alley, and we are going to search for clues. Got it?" He looked at me, a bit irritated. 

   "Got it," I said. The alley was just as we left it before- dark with dead, orange and brown leaves in random spots, and cracked pavement. Edriel took a magnifying glass, and his camera phone out of his bag. He took pictures of almost everything, while I just stood there, acting as if I were keeping watch.

   Then, all of a sudden, everything went cold. The leaves rustled as the winds speed picked up. Neon purple waves shot across the ground, causing it to shake. For a moment, everything went pitch black, disabling my ability to see. When light was present once again, Calvin stood in the middle of the alley.