chapter 4

"psst, san."

"..."

"san!"

"..."

"come on, man–"

"i'm not giving you my answers." san finally whispered back to seonghwa next to him. they were in their last class and their teacher surprised them with a pop quiz. what made it more exciting was the marks would be included in their mid-year paper next month.

seonghwa groaned quietly. "just one?? please?" he begged.

san sighed and cast a glance at him. "look, i didn't study much for this either."

"but you're answering these just fine. who the fuck is plato anyway?" seonghwa whined. san rolled his eyes at him instead of answering his question. he could still feel his desperate stare at him, so he said, "you can't keep on relying on me. try to do your best."

"mr choi, mr park, this is not the time for discussions!" the teacher pointed out. the two said male bowed their heads in embarrassment and muttered a sorry. when she's not looking, seonghwa looked at san again and showed him his answer.

san's mouth dropped and looked at seonghwa disappointedly. "is that the best you can do?" he shook his head and continued answering the rest of the questions.

seonghwa blinked and shrugged then. he's totally gonna fail the quiz.

the last bell for the day rang then and time was up. "stop writing, everyone! fill up your names and send them to me before you leave this class. hurry up, please!" the teacher said. the rest of the class stood up and began handing her their quiz answers, as well as san and seonghwa.

they both left the class then and san spoke, "plato is a philosopher, you dumbass."

"tch. should've said so." seonghwa replied, earning a look from san. "by the way, i can't hang out with you today. i have to help my mom with something." he continued.

san nodded at him. "it's okay. i have–" he paused when his eyes saw wooyoung standing at the school gate, looking at him. "oh crap..."

"what?" seonghwa asked and stopped walking too after san did. san looked up at him and answered, "i'm supposed to give him his clothes that i borrowed. he must've waited for me to return them."

"well, you should go then." seonghwa said with a small smirk. he nudged san's shoulders as his smirk widening. "see you tomorrow." san said after yelping at seonghwa. he strutted towards wooyoung, feeling more nervous as he walked closer to him. wooyoung nodded to greet him. "hey, what's up?"

nothing. just beginning to like you more than ever.

"hi, wooyoung." san said timidly but made sure his voice was heard clear enough. "actually, your clothes are still at my home," he admitted. wooyoung raised his eyebrows and finally got what he meant. he smiled then and replied, "ah, i'm not here for that."

san blinked. "really? oh, okay..." he looked around as he began to get embarrassed. "then what is it?" he asked again.

wooyoung smiled at him. "do you like playing games?"

san followed wooyoung and ended up in a cybercafe. "let's play with me." wooyoung told san who stared at him in confusion, so he went on, "mingi and yunho are out together, so i'm left alone. hwayoung can't play, though." san eventually nodded at him. "oh..." they played a few games together. at first, they decided to be there for half an hour. but they both were so into playing that they didn't realize it's been hours. and it's getting dark, they noticed.