Chapter One

When I was ten my parents were killed right in front of me. Now I live with my sister, Brooke, in London. I've always been given sympathy from people but I honestly would rather you not say anything at all and let me finish. I was really close with my parents and am still very close with my sister. We always did things together as a family. When my parents where murdered it was really hard for my sister and I to move on. We eventually decided to move out of the states and into London.

I'm currently working at a bookstore near our apartment. I'm only 17 so I'm still in high school. Well online school so if you even count that as high school. I basically spend my life on tumblr & wattpad writing, rebloging and working. School isn't really a big deal for me so I take one or two classes at a time to make it easier. I've always been ahead for a student my age so ill be done the same time I would graduate if I went to an actual high school. I also sing. I post my covers on YouTube only nobody knows it me. They can only see me waist down. I feel like if people knew it was me they wouldn't watch anymore. I have quite large amount of subscribers and I'd be really upset if they stopped watching me only because I'm a complete nobody.

When you spend as much time as I do inside my house you feel very insecure when people stare at you. Which is what I'm feeling right now walking into the book store I work at. I'm not coming here for work. I was planning on sitting at the coffee bar doing homework. There was a group of girls in the corner staring at me and whispering to their friends.

I decided to just go back home rather than dealing with them. I walked out of the bookstore and headed back home on the busy streets of London. It's winter time and its absolutely gorgeous. I love the winter.

I got back to the flat, as they call it here on London, and took out my key unlocking the door and walking in.

I took of my red pea coat and put it on the couch. I put my bag and laptop down on the table and walked into the kitchen. It was about 5:00 so I decided to make some dinner for me and Brooke.

I started making some sandwhichs and got out some plates just as the door opened. Brooke must be home.

"Hey Kennedy! Whatcha cooking?" She asked walking into the kitchen and sitting down at the island. You see, are our flat is very nice. Brooke is a manager at a fashion magazine. She's apparently very good at her job. She makes a lot of money and insists that I keep all my money instead of helping pay for the place. We've fought over it before but I eventually lost.

"Just making some sandwiches for dinner. Is that okay?" I answered walking over to the table placing a plate in front of her and one for me.

"Yeah that's great. Thanks Kennedy." She said smiling and taking a huge bit out of her sandwich.

"Good. How was work?" I questioned her munching on my own food.

'It was okay. Super busy though." She said sighing and getting up to put her dishes away. "Hey is Carter coming over tonight? I was thinking about going out but I don't wanna leave you alone on a Friday night."

"I don't know. Maybe ill text him later. You go out and have a good time. Ill be just fine here like every other night." I laughed.

"Okay okay just checking. You make me sound like a bad sister leaving you alone all the time but you never want to go!" She laughed back.

"I know. I would rather stay home than go out that's all." I sighed laughing a bit and getting up to put my own dishes away and cleaning up the kitchen a bit. Brooke got up mumbling something about what to wear. That girl is crazy I swear. I know Brooke doesn't want me here alone but I don't really feel like calling Carter. Maybe ill just make a video and go to bed.

"BYE KENNY!" Brooke yelled from the living room about an hour later, grabbing her clutch and walking out the door. I smiled at her from my spot on the couch. She's probably going out to party with her friends.

I sighed getting up from the couch to find a cute outfit to change into before I make my video. I choose a flowery pink, purple and orange dress, lace leggings and my favorite brown leather jacket. I put on some toms too.

I looked at my appearance and smiled, satisfied.

I walked out of my bedroom and into the extra room. It's my room. Brooke said since I spend so much time here with school and my music that I could have the room for my recording studio and piano. Your probably thinking how spoiled I am. And I guess you would be right but I don't take any of it for granted. I'm so thankful for my sister and everything she does for me. She's incredible. I love her to death.

I grabbed my laptop off my couch and set it on top of the piano. I got everything set up and ready to go. I decided that this time I was going to sing one of my own songs. I took a deep breath and was about to start when I got a message on my iPhone.

"Hey beautiful. How have you been since we last talked?"