If They Want You

Walking down the street alone reminds me of how lonely I am. I can't help but notice all the couples walking beside me hand in hand. I sigh, pulling my bag up further on my shoulder. Luckily despite the crowd I go unrecognized. Not like it would be easy I suppose. I do wear a mask.

"Jagia!" A voice calls. Out of instinct I do not turn to address such calls. It's not like anyone has ever called me that anyway. "Jagi!" The voice calls again. Suddenly a hand is wrapped around my waist. I turn to look at the offender's face.

"Wha-..." He interrupts me.

"Please. Play along. My ex is here and I told her you were my girlfriend. Please. Just till around this corner." I stay silent, matching pace with the strange man and slightly leaning my head in his direction. I've never been someone's fake girlfriend but god damn it I'm gonna make it believable when I do. We make it around the corner and he immediately releases my waist and deep sighs. "I am so sorry." He says, the tops of his ears turning red.

"Uh... It's okay..." I say, brushing my hair behind my ear.

"I should probably introduce myself. My name is Christopher Bang, but people just call me Bang Chan. It's easier." He offers me his hand. I take it gently.

"Choi Bada." I say, bowing slightly in greeting.

"Oh please. You... you don't have to bow." He says, slightly flustered looking.

"Well it was nice to meet you, Bang Chan." I say with a small smile.

"Ah... wait!" He says, gently catching my wrist as I turn to walk away. "Do... do you think I could take you out to coffee... as a thank you?"

"I'm sorry... I don't date..." I apologize. He smiles gently.

"It would just be as friends." He chuckles. "I barely know you Choi Bada." He smirks.

"Aigoo... I'm sorry." I chuckle, flushing red. He scribbles some words and numbers on a paper and hands it to me.

"Text me." He winks, walking out the exit I didn't even know we were standing next to. I look down at the paper. Signed, Bang Chan Oppa<3. This man... I giggle to myself before following Cristopher out of the mall. I mean, I can't risk my fake boyfriends real ex seeing me without him. I walk back out to my car.

So much for my shopping day...

I walk back out to my car and slide in the driver's seat, pulling out my phone to send a quick text to Christopher.

Me: Hey! It's Choi Bada... you know... your "girlfriend"

Before I can even connect my phone to the Bluetooth it goes off.

Bang Chan Oppa: Hello jagi lol. Get home safe!

I giggle before playing my favorite music, driving down the road back home when suddenly I notice a shop that I don't remember seeing before. I slow down to read the sign. "A Few of My Favorite Things" It looked like a pet store.

Well... It can't hurt to just check it out... right?

I pull into the parking lot and park my car, grabbing my purse and locking my car. Stepping briskly into the store I'm instantly hit with an attractive man's perfume. I'm enticed by the smell to wonder further into the store to find cages and cages of adorable animals. Little birds, dogs, cats, even rodents like bunnies and ferrets. I coo at them as I walk outside of their cages. Some come right up to greet me, others stay in the back of their enclosures, sleeping too deeply to come acknowledge my existence.

"Hello." A voice says, surprised.

"Ah! Hello! I'm sorry." I say, holding my chest in surprise.

"Are you here looking for a forever friend or just to look around?" I'm mildly intrigued by the short man's words. "Forever friend." Forever. Nothing is forever.

"I don't know..." I say honestly. "I mean.. I came to look at some cuties but... I might just have to take someone home. I say, booping the nose of a cute husky through the glass. He flops back dramatically before running back up to the glass again as I giggle at his cuteness.

"He seems to like you." The man says with a light chuckle. 

"How much is he?" I ask, the cage holds no price tag. I mean, how could it. It seemed there was half a dozen different dogs in the cage. 

"Ah. Unfortunately I can not sell him alone. There are a few... others... that he must be taken with. These boys have been together as long as I can remember. Since they were little. They cant be separated." He says very seriously. 

"Aww." I say, looking at the others in the cage. Are they in here?" The shop keep's back bristles.

"No. They're a... special breed. I need to know if you are willing to face a challenge." I tilt my head while I think. 

"I have plenty of space. At the very least, I would like to meet them." I say smiling lightly. 

"You can meet them. I'll let them decide if they like you enough for them to keep you." He says, grabbing a set of keys and leading me back a long hallway I hadn't noticed before for some reason. After undoing three locks I start to get a little nervous. What exactly is this special breed? Why would they be keeping me? Why so many locks? 

The door swings open and he holds it open for me. I walk in and hear the door close behind me. Great. Now I'm locked in here. At my left there are a series of pet sized tubes. I wonder what those are for? 

Before I can even finish my thought footsteps come barreling down one of the tubes to expose the cute little husky from earlier. "Oh hi buddy." I say lightly stroking his head. "Where are your friends?" 

Somewhere in the darkness a low growl starts to rumble behind me...