Doctor Rita

"Nina!" I gasped and nearly tripped over the sheet as I jumped off the couch.

  "Lila!" The pink-haired girl turned to look at me, and I felt relief when I saw that she wasn't hurt. Oddly, though, I spotted a severed hand wearing what looked like overalls with two yellow buttons and a big red patch resembling a smiling face. It was handing the girl surgeon tools that she then put away.

  "Oh, my God!" Nina gasped when she saw it and tightened the sheet around herself.

  "Don't worry." The girl said, and I watched the hand move on its own. "This is my assistant, Rocky." The hand waved.

  "Rocky?"

  "I'm Rita. Doctor Rita."

  "Doctor?" I raised my brow while fixing the sheet on me and tying it like a sort of toga.

  "Yes." She pulled the headband holding a circular glass piece over her eye off her head. "Despite how I look, I'm much older than you both.

  "Really?" Nina tilted her head as the hand hopped away.

  "Really. Because I'm a zombie." She calmly replied while picking up a broom, then she started to sweep up black feathers on the floor. "Is it true that you two transformed into dragons and rampaged through the city?"

  "....I wouldn't say 'rampaged'." I muttered.

  "Ah?!" Nina made a face before looking down in shame as she realized what must have happened last night. "I guess I did it again."

  "You two blacked out after that and were brought here." Rita explained while sweeping the feathers into the dustpan Rocky was holding.

  "Who carried us here?"

  "Azazel."

  "Who's that?" My brows furrowed.

  "Maybe you know him as the Rag Demon."

  "Rag Demon? ....Oh, right! I was trying to catch the Rag Demon!" Nina sat up straighter.

  "Anyway, are you even humans?"

  "What?"

  "Or are you dragons?" The girl looked over her shoulder at us.

~

  After work and eating by the side of the river, I followed Nina with my hands behind my head as she was swinging the bag that had the food and stuffed the last of her bread into her mouth. We were in the slums and going to thank Rita for helping us out.

  "I've been waiting for you." A man's voice spoke, causing us both to stop. Right in front of us was a tall, pale, male demon leaning on a wall with a kid standing next to him. He was rather handsome as he smirked, causing Nina to get flustered and avert her gaze.

  "Pardon us, coming through!" I said while quickly pushing Nina past the demon to avoid any confrontation. If she got too flustered, POOF! dragon in the slums, and we very much wanted to avoid that.

  "Hey, stop right there!" The man said harshly. Easily reaching around me, he grabbed Nina and dragged her back in front of him.

  "Hey!"

  "Do you not remember me?" He looked down at the pink-haired girl.

  "What?" She glanced at him before her face went completely red as she loudly gasped. Turning her around by her shoulders, I stood between the attractive guy and Nina.

  "Who is this guy?" I whispered to my sister while taking notice of how she tensed.

  "Join me."

  "Huh?"