Mother of Western Man

INTRODUCTION:

This is a book of poetry, and short stories that are linked to the subject of motherhood and living in our western society today. Each are separate poems, or stories but when brought together they form a story, "her-story,"  really "my story." How I view life, my values and morals and my dreams.This story is through the eyes of female understanding about how this culture has developed and grown to be as it is today. It is therefore a every personal account and should be taken as being my own thoughts and experiences.  One poem of this anthology already has been published here, it is seeing the garden of Eden through Eve's eyes and titled, "The Deep Thinking of Eve."  

Sometimes I feel as if this society just doesn't really care anymore and everyone is about to jump away from reality. Is it because our western culture is a sinking ship, or just seems that way to my over judgmental understandings. So now, here I would like to show a different understanding, of how we humans  first must be as children and listen to our mother, Earth.  So please sit quietly, and listen to her voice with me as I know you have at some stage, for I recognise it being transformed into many of your poems and stories that I have read here on watt pad, and out there in reality of the real world our link to nature is still there if we only make ourselves stop to recognise our belonging.

Also my fellow poets, and writers I am happy that now I have allowed my deep inner rumblings to be shown here, as with everyone else we all feel as if our own understandings are really of no real benefit to anyone but maybe a close few souls who are searching just like I am, and if you are reading this you are also searching for the truth as I am dear reader, welcome to my mind. 

Human beings are good, and innocent at birth, just as William Blake once said in his book of poems of Innocence, and one which should be remembered for all time.

'Infant Joy' by William Blake

"I have no name;

I am but two days old."

What shall I call thee?

"I happy am,

Joy is my name."

Sweet joy befall thee!

Pretty joy!

Sweet joy, but two days old.

Sweet Joy I call thee:

Thou dost smile,

I sing the while;

Sweet joy befall thee!

William Blake had no children, but here he has expressed what every parent feels when they hold a new born babe.

 It is society and its rules and laws that cause this child as she grows to become defiled by guilt religions. Some how I believe Eve can no long hold that apple of guilt, she now has to hand it back for Adam to bite and see the dark, and learn from the deep stillness there and not fear or be destroyed by stories and tales. There Adam will find how to use that other 90% of his brain.