Prologue

Steven's POV

I gasped, in need of breath. I can't summon my bubble, the Topazes are stuck together to tightly!

"Steven! Whatever plan you have to get us out, can you please just do it already?!" I heard Jamie call out, clearly stressed. I tried summoning my bubble again, but it didn't work.

I kept trying to summon my bubble, but just as I could feel my gem glow, the ship shook, causing me to loose focus. Come on! I was so close that time! What even caused the ship to shake, anyway?

"Ugh, those Crystal Gems don't know when to quit, do they?" I heard Aquamarine state, clearly annoyed. The gems must have caused the shaking. I hope they save us, seeing as my plan is failing miserably.

"Topaz! Watch the ship for me, I need to go deal with those gems." Aquamarine spoke, breaking me out of my thoughts. She then flew to the ship's door, opened it, then left, I assume to deal with the gems.

I, once more, tried summoning my bubble. I started to sweat from the strain. I gasped for air again. It's no use! Why did I ever think this plan could work? No! Stop thinking like that, Steven! You have to stay strong, for your friends! With this in mind, I tried summoning my bubble again.

My gem then began to glow. I smiled at myself. Yes! I did it!

Just then, I heard the door open, and I lost all focus. The glow faded away, again. "We can finally set a course for Homeworld, ugh, I am never going on a mission like this again!" I heard Aquamarine screech.

"Topaz! Set the course, I'm sure you'll be fine, despite your, ah, new additions." She chuckled evily. She then flew upwards. Topaz moved towards the controls, and set the course.

"Uh, Steven?" I heard Jamie call out.

"Y-Yes?" I responded, trying to not show how scared I was through my voice. I don't think I succeeded.

"Oh, be quiet!" I heard Aquamarine shout, silencing us.

I shivered. What will happen when we reach Homeworld? Does it even have oxygen for us to breathe?! Will they take us to the human zoo? Will they find out I'm part gem?! And mistake me for mom?!

Ok, calm down Steven. Think about escaping, not about what might happen if we don't escape. Just then I heard Aquamarine speak...

"We're here!~"

406 Words

So, this is the prologue of my new book! And, yes it's a Steven Universe fanfic. Tell me what you guys think about it in the comments! Have a good day or night!