The Light

The Enlightened

                                   Everyone in the town was waiting since early morning to seek the blessings from the Enlightened. The Enlightened has saved the people from a deadly disease and later guided the people of Albargh to lead a life without harming others. He nurtured each and everyone of Albargh to form a better society.

                                    Nobody knows where he came from and never saw his face either. He always covered his face with a thick black veil. Many people beleived that he could be an alien misplaced at their planet. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter to them as long as he is there to guide them to the glorious future.

                                   The people of Albargh started their prayers to the Lord by humming their Divine songs. "ஆதியும் நீயே அந்தமும் நீயே... அனைத்தையும் துறந்து அனைத்தையும் வென்ற மாவீரனே... நீ என்னையும் வென்றாய்..."

                                     Hearing the humming of people, the Enlightened wore his safforn robe and took a stick to balance his walk. He started to take small strides to step out to see his people. The Sun started to rise at the same moment of the footsteps of Enlightened . The Sun's radical rays fell down on the Enlightened toes as if it seeks the blessings from the Enlightened.

The Enlightened stood over the rock and gazed the Sun for a moment before his eyes lay down on the people of Albargh. He sensed the emotions of people with his gaze on his people. He understood the longing of people to see his face atleast once. He decided to let the people see his face for the first time.

The people stood there with all their eyes glued to their Lord's sight. They felt peace in their heart and they were totally unaware what is going to happen in the next few minutes. They felt sudden rush of blood and excitement in their nerves.

The crowd started praising the Lord after seeing the Enlightened's glowing face for the first time. The people of Albargh finally blessed with the opportunity of seeing the Englightened's face. Sadly, little they know that it was also the last time that they will ever get to see him.

The Enlightened raised his hands to simmer down the crowd's praises. He blessed them with a smile from his heart. The smile was so beautiful and mesmerizing one that no one in this world will ever feel sad. He spoke no words till the crowd stopped their praises.

He finally utter the words, "I am leaving" .

The crowd felt a great shock after hearing the words from Enlightened. They couldn't believe what they just heard.

They begged the Enlightened not to leave them alone, without him they don't know how to go ahead with their lives.

He said nothing and went inside his cave. The Enlightened gone forever.