Chapter 1

Trixie walked into a small diner and sat down in the back. She took off her coat that was soaked with water from the downpour outside. It was going on 8pm and Trixie hadn't even thought about eating, until she saw a LED sign that read 'open'. She pulled out her phone and decided to check her emails. It had been three months since Katya's 'funeral' and well Trixie was still looking for her. Katya was making this out to be some game, which would be fine if Trixie hadn't spent so long crying because she thought her girlfriend was dead. Trixie made sure to remind herself to hit Katya when she finally saw her. "Ms. Mattel, have much further?" Hero came walking into the diner, taking off his hat. Wet, cold, and annoyed.

"Well, her letter said to go to the place where she and her father made memoirs before the sun rose."

"That could be anywhere."

"I suppose you are right. Although when I called her mother, she told me that there is a park around here somewhere that they used to go to."

"This is ridiculous. We are going on some wild goose chase."

"I want to see Katya, Hero."

"But what if that letter wasn't even from her? What if it was just some sick joke?" Trixie cut her eyes at Hero, shutting him up. "I apologize."

"Listen, I know you don't believe me...no one does but I know it's true."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because.." Trixie sighed as she held onto the stack of letters. "It is all I have anymore. Waking up and believing that she is out there gives me the strength to keep going." Hero reached out his hand and smiled softly.

"I am with you all the way ma'am."

"I know you don't believe me okay? Some days I don't believe myself. Sometimes I tell myself to go back and finish school, that this round the world trip is a waste. That these letters are just someone's sick and twisted way of keeping me alive. But Katya promised, she promised she would never leave me and who am I to stop believing in her?" Trixie looked down at all of the letters she had received. Every few days, there was a new one. Each one was basically the same. Katya wrote about how much she loved Trixie, and how much she missed her. Katya told her of how she couldn't wait to hold Trixie again, then on the back..there was a clue. The clue that made Trixie keep going. Trixie didn't understand why Katya just didn't tell her where she was, but Katya always had a reason.

"Hello there, can I get you two anything?" A waitress with big brown hair and an even bigger smile stood beside the table. Her name tag read 'Ginger.'

"Um sure, just a cup of coffee for me please." Trixie was too busy focusing on Katya's latest clue to actually focus on food, so coffee was good. It was what she needed.

"Actually, could we both get the midnight special? Extra eggs for me please."

"No problem sugar, be right up." Trixie forward at Hero, feeling annoyed.

"You must be really hungry huh? Got two orders."

"You need to eat."

"I ate on the way here."

"A fruit cup and a piece of a morning bar isn't eating. You need real food." Trixie sucked her teeth as she studied her notes. "Don't you think you should take a break?"

"I don't need one."

"I think you do."

"Well, I'm your boss so my word is the final say so."

"Hmm and Katya told me to watch out for you."

"I am fine Hero."

"Mhmm, and hell isn't hot."

"Haha funny man." Hero frowned as he looked out of the window. This had been going on for a while. Ever since Trixie had gotten that letter at the funeral, a spark lit in her. When Hero came to pick her up to go back to American, he found her wide awake, running on just coffee. She sat him down and showed him the letter. He was skeptical, and well he still was. But he wasn't gonna take this from her, he couldn't. Hero didn't have anything else to do so he took her where she wanted to go. He stayed by her side. After about a monthaftee the funeral, another letter showed up.

Hero walked to the front door when the door bell rang. He was busy making breakfast and hated being interrupted. When Hero opened the door, he saw a letter and basket sitting on the front step. "Hero, who's there?" Trixie came walking down the stairs, rubbing her eyes. "What's that?"

"I don't know. When I opened the door, it was just there." Hero looked at the name on the letter and raised an eyebrow. "It's for you."

"Me?" Trixie walked down the stairs, taking the letter and basket from Hero.

"You can look at all that later breakfast is ready." Hero walked to the kitchen, followed by Trixie.

"Did you see who left this?"

"No." Trixie sat at the island and sat down the basket. She was more interested in the letter. As Trixie opened the letter, she gasped. "What is it?"

"It's from Katya!"

"What?"

"Dear, my doll...I miss you. I hope you're doing well and that Hero is taking good care of you. I know you miss me dearly, just as much as I miss you. Maybe even more. Remember what I told you? That you should come find me? I'm waiting for you, how about you come find me now? I think you'll have a lot of fun my love. I will be writing you letters and on each of them, there will be a hint. A hint that will get you closer to me. You won't get one in this letter but in two days, you will. Pack your bags baby and get ready for a wild ride."

"What the hell is she planning?" Hero rolled his eyes as he put toast on a plate for Trixie. Trixie quickly stood up, a smile on her face. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Didn't you hear? I have to pack my bags! You should pack yours too Hero!"

"Me?"

"Yes. Katya said you have to watch me? You can't watch over me if you're stuck here silly!" Trixie ran up the stairs and from that day, she had been running ever since.

Hero sighed and looked at the raindrops hit the window. He had been running that day over and over in his head. What would have happened if he didn't tell her that it was for her? Would she be as happy? Even though she was holding onto something she couldn't see, she was happy. "Alright, here you go you two. I hope you enjoy." Ginger sat down the food and two cups of coffee. Hero pushed the plate close to Trixie and groaned.

"You need to eat Trixie."

"I will, I will." Ginger turned around and gasped.

"Wait, you're Trixie?" Hero and Trixie looked at each other, a little confused.

"Uh, yes I am."

"God, I have something for you girly." Ginger reached in her apron, pulling out a red letter, giving it to Trixie. "This is from a Ms. Katya." Trixie's smile grew as she looked at the letter.

"I told you Hero. I told you."