Ch 2.

Paisli's voice caught in her throat and she struggled to form a coherent sentence. "I-I'm not a witch. Witches aren't real, just like you aren't."

Here she was, in her small little apartment in front of a living, breathing demon, trying to preach that witches and demons didn't exist.

"Wow, your foremothers must be rolling in their graves. Listen, I'm not here to hurt you, or steal your powers." Torid scoffed, smirking. He could literally taste the fear she exuded, but she had every right to be terrified right now. Many witches have had their lives taken and their magic stolen by evil demons and wizards.

"I expected you to be living..better, this place is a dump."

"You're really fucking rude." She looked him up and down, rolling her eyes. "But if you must know, I don't charge for my services. Plus, it only makes sense that I keep a low profile. I can cure "incurable" diseases, I'm not trying to be assassinated by the government. And my apartment isn't even that bad! I know it's not some luxury loft downtown but I like it and it's enough for me."

Paisli loved her little apartment. It wasn't much, but it was her own space and she enjoyed it. "And since you think you know so much about me, tell me about yourself."

"I do, but what would you like to know?"

Torid usually kept to himself about a lot of things, but she had just saved his life, so the least he could do was satiate a few of her curiosities.

"How did you become a fallen angel?" Paisli asked, setting her Keurig up to make herself a cup of coffee while she prepared Torid's tea. The tea contained enzymes that helped stimulate the Phagocytes in ones blood and promote the elimination of pathogens and bacteria.

It would have been more ideal to give it to him before she healed his wound, but he was loosing far too much blood at that moment.

"I was never an angel to begin with. I made a deal, for the cure to cancer. To cure my mother's cancer. Of course, miracles don't exist and deals made with the devil are ultimately a gamble, and the cancer came back-,"

"Sorry. Here you go, you're pretty much healed on the outside but this'll help eliminate any bacteria that may have entered your wound while it was open." She giggled to herself as she watched him grip the tiny pink mug in his oversized, clawed hands. He nodded his head, silently thanking her, before continuing his story. "She was..she was at peace with dying, but I couldn't fathom the thought of losing the most important woman in my life. I was selfish, now I must live with the consequences. I stray away from emotionally attaching myself to mortals. I've lived nearly five centuries, and I've watched everyone that I've ever loved die."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't pity me. It's what I deserved."

"It isn't. If you'd pay that huge of a price to save someone dear to you, it shows that you're not that big of an asshole as you come off to be." She smiled at him and he shrugged.

"I wouldn't have to be an asshole if you weren't such a fucking bitch." He was sure she heard him, but she continued to smile at him and it kind of freaked him out. Paisli was just as annoyed with Torid as he was with her, but she knew going off on him would get her nowhere, and since he made it clear that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, she'd try to get him to answer a few more of her questions.

"So..why were you following me?" She asked.

"Glad you asked. I'm not some weird stalker. I planned to approach you after your shift, before I got into a fight with that fucking creep."

"What happened to him anyway?" She questioned, curious to know the outcome of that whole situation.

She was sure Torid hadn't let him escape unscathed, but considering the gruesome sounds she heard through the door, it didn't sound like he let him escape at all. Plus there was so much blood on the ground, all of which she knew didn't belong to Torid. If he had managed to escape she was sure that he wouldn't have made it far without passing out or even dying.