031. the turning point

-ˋˏ 𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 ˎˊ-

↳ chapter thirty-one „· ━━━━━━ ୨💌୧ ━━━━━━ ·❝ the turning point ❞

· ━━━━━━ ୨💌୧ ━━━━━━ ·
❝ the turning point ❞

-ˋˏ irl! ˎˊ-

Dream frowned.

He and Malak were due to their scheduled weekly call and the latter had yet to answer him. It's been only a few minutes after he texted her, but he couldn't help the sinking feeling in his gut after she had missed his call.

"She's probably just busy," he thought to himself.

"But she's not supposed to be busy," countered the voice in his head.

"Something must have come up, then," Dream argued.

"And she couldn't warn you about it?"

"She could."

"And she didn't."

As if on cue, his phone rang, displaying that Malak was calling him. Dream picked up instantly, "Hello?"

"I am so sorry!" Malak quickly apologized.

She pushed her thick, dark hair away from her face as she made herself comfortable on her bed.

"My phone died right before my class ended," she rolled her eyes and Dream chuckled. "I couldn't charge it until I had walked back to the apartment."

"It's fine," Dream reassured. "Don't worry about it."

"Yes, but I'm still sorry," she laughed nervously.

Malak then stopped and narrowed her eyes.

Dream frowned and turned to look at what she could've been staring at.

His room was a mess, but he thought she couldn't see because he made sure the only light in the room came from his set-up.

"I like what you did to your hair," she stated, taking him by surprise.