Unexpected Letters (Chapter 2)

Okie dokie guys, here is the next chapter! I didn't proof read it because I'm about half asleep. I wanted to get this posted before I went to bed but here it is so please enjoy!

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2

With the last few dollars to her name, Jennifer grabbed her jacket and called for Molly.

"We need to run to the story baby, mommy needs to get something." She explained.

Molly nodded then ran to get her jacket that was almost too small for her. When she walked back in the room, Molly laid her teddy bear on the couch.

"Now, you stay right there Beankie. We will be right back."

Molly kissed her bear then turned to her mother taking her hand. Jennifer led her daughter out of the small apartment and onto the busy sidewalk below. When moving here a few weeks ago, Jennifer hoped the hustle and bustle of the big city would hide them better than before but the only problem with that was it was harder to keep her eyes peeled for danger. On the bright side, the small corner store that they headed toward was only a half a block away.

Jennifer ushered Molly inside the warmly heated store. She quickly glanced around but didn't see what she was looking for. She walked over to the counter to ask for help.

"Excuse me, do you have any calling cards?"

The young man behind the counter turned to answer her.

"We only have the sixty minute calling cards."

The man placed one on the counter. Jennifer pulled the last twenty dollar bill she had out of her pocket and placed it on the counter. When she received her change, she grabbed the card and Molly's hand then rushed back to their apartment. Luckily she had paid two months in advance for the apartment or her and her daughter would more than likely be homeless right about now. The thought made her sick to her stomach.

Walking in, Molly ran straight to her bear. Since she had acquired the bear for her birthday, she rarely let it out of her sight.

"Mommy, do you want to hold Beankie? Maybe he will make you smile."

Jennifer tried not to tear up at her daughter's words. She couldn't understand why anyone would want to hurt her little girl; this precious child God had blessed her with.

"No baby. Mommy needs to make a call so will you go play in the bedroom?"

"Can I write Mr. Gabe?"

Jennifer nodded. She didn't want to tell her daughter she was about to call the man; she didn't want to get her hopes up if he didn't come to help like he had promised in his letter. With Molly out of the room, Jennifer pulled out the letter and her cell phone she only used in case of an emergency. She dialed the number and prayed to God she was doing the right thing...

****************************************************************************************************

Gabe had made a full recovery in such a shot amount of time. The doctors had called it a miracle but he wasn't so sure about that. He just chalked it up to be his strong will to get better. With all that he had seen and been through in his life, he didn't believe in miracles.

It had been a few days since she had sent the two letters to Molly and her mother. He hadn't heard anything from either and he hoped they were okay. He was getting ready to catch a flight back to the states and he had no way, besides sending another letter, to let them know that help was on the way. He just hoped he found them before danger did.