❝ Applications ❞

RULES & NOTES

ONE
You do not need to have read the books or watched the show to apply. We will not be following the main plot, and I have explained all the main concepts in earlier chapters. If you have any questions or need any help let me know.

TWO
This fic will mature. There will be depictions of exploitation, violence, sex, drug misuse, homophobia and so on. It will not be as angsts as some of my other apply fics, but mature themes will likely surface at some point. I am happy to put in content warning for chapters that contain it.

THREE
This fic will be set in Lyra's world, which is roughly set in the 40s (in terms of clothes and technology and aesthetic. Look up the TV show for inspiration). Try and remember this when writing your forms. Again, there is the internet to help you with settings, or me.

FOUR
Love interests. The first part/flashbacks will be when the characters are young, and can have a different set of crushes to when they are older so feel free to suggest a few ideas.

FIVE
Please choose appropriate face claims, i.e. people who have images that look like they could have existed in the 1940s. This does not mean they have to actually be from the 40s or have to have a particularly retro look (although actors who have played characters from the past would be ideal).

What I do mean, is that they need to have images that would be appropriate for making aesthetics - aka, images that don't look like they've had six filters applied or tons of obvious modern makeup. Actors and models are generally ideal for this. I would advise against Instagram models and Tiktok stars, and generally musicians unless they have dramatic images/gifs. Please also make sure they are age appropriate. They don't have to be exactly the characters age, but will ask you to suggest someone else if they don't look the right age (for example, don't be using Nina Dobrev for a fifteen year old).

Although it would be nice if they had gifs, I'd rather you prioritise showing underused face claims, not the same old Ben Barnes as your posh boy and Tashi Rodriguez as your token PoC. For the love of god, don't whitewash everything. I think we've moved beyond an all-white cast in a period drama. And by diversity, I also mean in character. You'll have a higher chance of being chosen if your character is nuanced and a little different the other applications so far. Ya get me? Password is to share this on your mb. If you want any help with Male face claims, I have a pretty extensive resource which I can use to help with some suggestions.

SIX
This will not be operating on a first-come first serve basis, so the idea is that everyone gets a chance. Please be generous with me and the other creators, as we all know the effort that goes into forms, so be nice! I will not be reserving anything, so everyone can have a chance.

SEVEN
Be an active reader if your character is cast. Please vote for, spam etc the chapters and provide feedback! If you don't then I may remove your OC and replace it with another because I'll assume you're no longer interested.

EIGHT
please structure your form like the following:

[First comment] Name
[Replies] body of the form

NINE
Tag your friends. The more applications the better. For this to work I'm going to need plenty. The Password is to save this fic to a public reading list and promote it on your mb - apply fics can be hard to find these days and you never know who'd enjoy applying. You may apply as many times as you wish and my OCs will be out shortly.